PDA

View Full Version : Anouther fine reason to own a D-MAX

mackin
06-16-2002, 14:14
You get to meet some real nice people ..........

Just got back from our mini visit ........Danbury.....

ED (ED) his wife ....... Nice to of meet you, and thanks for showing me that BANK'S exhaust ...... Great idea bringing the "VIEWING" tools made it a real hands on peek .......

Dave (DAVE_WB3FYV) Glad to meet you and your coworker ..... Anytime you get to meet someone from TEXAS it's always terrific ....... Real nice guy ......

Looking forward to seeing you people again up in Cornwall,make the time, it will be a good time ........ This is why the meeting up at the BRIDGE will be like ,more personal for getting to know one another and swap ideas and such . Looking forward to Sept,more and more ......Tonkater,great idea ......You'll be glad you did it .......

Where were the rest of you guys ... MA BURNS ...... GMC ?? Well, next time I hope .......

They took some PICS of all three BLACK (BOWTIE) trucks, and us ... I'll put them up if I'm not looking like a :eek: LOL

When I get them ........

MAC

smile.gif

[ 06-16-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

motovet
06-18-2002, 18:19
So then... that will be the 4 incher you put on your truck? Did you test drive the Banks?...sound as pleasant as everyone claims? I think it will be my choice but could stand some more feedback. I need to decide soon cause my 4" BD brake has arrived. Geeee honey I have to add a 4" exhaust cause the stock one won't fit the 4" brake I got!

mackin
06-18-2002, 19:19
motovet ,

Most definitely .... Went for a ride, really is nice sounding not to load. But loud enough I like it . Can still hear the diesel quite well. Doesn't drown it out by no means ........I'm checking into the possibility of a 5" tailpipe tho ..... Man I'll tell you it looks MEAN.........Big ...... The tip 5" made my stock pipe look like a Toyota Corolla exhaust pipe ........It looks good but .......

I'm just not a "TIP" guy more of a leg man myself ........

Very nice system .......Over all ........

MAC :D

[ 06-18-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

mark45678
06-18-2002, 20:12
mackin most of the guys that have 5" tail pipes dont like the extra noise! FYI.... I have a 4"JK system and its well built and like you say just loud enough those how know you will know when your one the go! driving normal or light loads is fine,I wouldnt want any more noise.If your ever up this way look me up and I will let you have a listen.I live about 3 miles from where that Pat's play (CMGI field)

Kennedy
06-18-2002, 20:27
I second the note on the 5" sound level. I don't mind it, but would by no means want the 5" sound to be used as a representative sound clip...

Got a LOT of comments on the pipe size though!

mackin
06-18-2002, 21:01
mark45678,

I have family friends that are season ticket holders and WALK to the games ......... Might go this year since there champs ....... Won't drop a name here but this is a small world I wonder ......? First name Al ..... Big Triumph car guy (green was always his color) and is building another now and I got to see it someday ........ Just seen him here in CT. 3-4 months ago ,at a party,but he came up from his home in PA .......

MAC smile.gif

You're 2, 2 1/2 hours from me ... Meet me in Stafford springs .... HE... HEEEE ........ tongue.gif

NutNbutGMC
06-22-2002, 20:04
^...Mackin... Just think, that little Toyota Corolla tail pipe comparison... HA HA.. That d@mn thing will do more than 97 PH. Don't ya' just hate it???