PDA

View Full Version : Juice problem ???????? "OH , O"

mackin
06-16-2002, 14:35
That was just to scare you GUY'S and Gal's ......... tongue.gif

But this is the deal twice now ....... Once on Thursday, I was pulling a hill at 90 mph . Boost 25 ish and egt were 1,100 ish ...... All off a sudden about 3/4 the way up SES came on, never hic-up'ed .... I let up why ???? Got to the top, made a right turn after a stop, stepped on the go peddle light went out ??????? Drove it FRIDAY, normal, well my normal ..... NUTTIN ....... Saturday with all the mass air sensor talk, I inspected air cleaner. It looked good .... Pulled out mass air sensor, what's with that tamper proof torque screw??? Well, it was clean sprayed some contact cleaner on it any way and blew it off .....Today running a little late going to Danbury ...... Ran it up to 90mph,there is that SES light again ..... Let up, or I'd run someone over, reapplied the go peddle. Whoop, just like that gone ...... On the way home only got to 80/85 no light ...... So what you think ...... JUICE? Or My truck?

I'm leaning to the Juice...... I could take it off to find out but, what fun would that be? Yup 90 setting the only one I know ....... Version 3.0 ......

MAC :D :D

Next time it does it should I call BIG BROTHER? Or will they know to much ........ tongue.gif

I wonder about that can they monitor me will I'm moving? Now that could have it's pros and cons........

[ 06-16-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

MudNurI
06-16-2002, 17:00
orrrr Mackin, instead trying to figure it out, you could just come up here to VT, and put your juice (wow that sounds sick!) in our truck, and see if it kicks on our SES light???? :D

lol!! :D

Brandy

mark45678
06-16-2002, 17:07
Mackin I would guess that you have set a code and a simple paperclip is all you need to find out what number it is! Is it possible that it was slipping in 5th gear? I have backed down the power after feeling it shutter a few time during shifts! I would also recomend that every one once a month put your trans into fast learn mode, it seams to tighten up the shifts and apply the power faster after shifts. when you find out what the code is give us a post with the number then maybe some of the hands on guy will help out! tongue.gif

NutNbutGMC
06-16-2002, 17:23
^.............Mackin, I think our 'normal' is from the same page of a well read book. :D
Wish I had a suggestion but all I got in the way of juice, is bug juice, and I hate it. I feel that this is but a minor hic-up for your machine.

Kennedy
06-16-2002, 18:04
Mackin,

IIRC you are one of the holdouts on ECM updates??? the FIRST thing I ask is when the ECM was last updated.

Dollars to donuts, it will show a bunch of false overboost Po236/234 and other misc codes, but until you read them we'll all just be guessing. The paper clip trick will NOT work past 95 OBD1 trucks.

Maybe Ted and the boys can read them for ya.

FirstDiesel
06-16-2002, 18:10
Okay

What is fast learn mode for the tranny and how do you do it??

mackin
06-16-2002, 18:19
JK ,
I think your gonna when the prize, as you should,great call.... Thinking it's is a false code condition ....... It's all ready pulling hard in top gear , I too think it's a over boost condition, false code,hence I have my wastegate plugged, will it,does it, matter, I doubt it ......Since others get this false code poblem,after all it is a update for it. I'll get the paper clip out tommorrow,see if gives up something ...... Oh ya, I'm a hold out for sure ...... Ted, perhaps ,I'll have to ask him .......

MAC :D

[ 06-16-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

NutNbutGMC
06-16-2002, 18:22
^...Mackin is a rebel for a cause. :D . Stop holding out on us.

Kennedy
06-16-2002, 18:24
And when all is said and done, and you have your updates, you will have a smarter, stronger, smoother running truck...

mackin
06-16-2002, 18:42
JK,

Stronger and smoother,perhaps .... Smarter....Well , I'll still be driving it,so I'll knock the sense right out of it ..... So it'll be a close call ,for sure ........

MAC smile.gif

CanadaKev
06-16-2002, 20:28
Larry, AKA (FirstDiesel)
Here's a couple of threads for the tranny reprogram.
Hhttp://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=003340.

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=003351&p=
Kev

FirstDiesel
06-16-2002, 20:50
Thanks Kev but what about the last post in the 2nd thread. Makes it sound like there could be a problem doing this if it slams into first at 27 MPH??

CanadaKev
06-16-2002, 21:15
Larry, For me the downshift was very anti-climactic. It was no different than using the T/H mode to slow you down when towing a heavy load. The only difference is T/H does not downshift into 1st gear. When you do the tranny reprogram it does, because you have put it in first. I was leary at first, but then after reading about all the guys on here that had done it, I decided to give it a try. I guess Herb felt the shift from 2nd to 1st was a little to agressive. As far as I know he's the only one that has felt that way. Take this for what its worth and make your own decision. I exempt myself from any responsibility smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Kev

xwing
06-17-2002, 04:43
Kennedy and everybody:
I have stock 2001 2500HD D/A delivered 11/2000, never had any computer updates.

Q: Can I go to the GMC dealer, ask them for "All the Computer Updates" and not end up with some good/some bad?
Do I have to specify which I want, which to avoid, or are they ALL good, don't worry?

MudNurI
06-17-2002, 05:26
XWING--

it depends on your dealer. I work with 2 dealer's (don't ask), and 1 dealer wont do ANY updates until I complain about a specific problem..the other dealer just hooked me up, and updated with no questions asked.

here's the link to put your VIN in, and see what's avail- this way, if you need a update, you can come up with a problem. A good one is- Cruise Control surge- it won't hold a speed.

http://vci.ecomm.gm.com/vci

Brandy

Kennedy
06-17-2002, 08:04
GM TSB# 01-06-04-050 Pertains to the air box snorkels. If the filter minder keeps getting sucked in, that's good evidence to change the box.

As for updates, you could say that in 4lo it would not power up to move a trailer, and/or excessive downshifting with cruise control. Basically you could suggest that you heard there were ECM and TCM updates to address these issues and that you would like to have these performed on your truck.

Most people do not realize that a firm, decisive shift SAVES the clutches and fear destruction. Personally, if I could tow heavy, and lock in the shift characteristics like it was loaded, that is what I would do!

deadlyman
06-18-2002, 19:37
Has anyone else had the no start problem with the juice?

mackin
06-18-2002, 19:42
deadlyman,

So did you have a no start? How did you get it started?By disconnecting ? You are the first I heard of ....... Could just be a bad box, it happens ........

MAC smile.gif

deadlyman
06-19-2002, 18:09
called tech support Aaron told me to pull on the pins in the conectors and it worked the first time but did not the second time . Sending it back today as he requested. Already having withdrawls.

Kennedy
06-19-2002, 21:04
I have had one total that was bad from new.

The pin thing is really critical too. The OE pins often retreat into the plug.

If you can find a way to clear any codes that were likely set (preferrably off the record) it would be a good thing so as not to cloud any future issues. You may have set a "Lost communication" error or "Cam refererence" code(s)

[ 06-19-2002: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

deadlyman
06-20-2002, 20:14
Kennedy
would there be a S.E.S light on if it was sending any codes and does it still have the codes when the light goes out?

Kennedy
06-20-2002, 22:17
Codes and the SES can be a tricky subject. Sometimes they can sneak in there W/O an SES light. That and since the SES light is on at key up and relights if a start is attempted and fails, there could be a code. IIRC, mine set a U1800 loss of communication with FICM or similar.

deadlyman
06-21-2002, 21:45
just had a buddy scan for codes found a cam sensor code?

Kennedy
06-22-2002, 08:03
Kinda what I figured. The cam sensor circuit was incomplete or bamboozled by the module hence the no-start. Now had the dealer found that code, it could have made diagnostics difficult. Good to clear stuff like this out as they occur!

deadlyman
06-25-2002, 16:05
Does this mean that the juice was not working properly or my truck?

Kennedy
06-25-2002, 16:30
I would say more like the Edge was not relaying or allowing (eating) the signal from the sensor to the ECM.

deadlyman
06-25-2002, 19:19
Hey John
I have a chioce of keeping the 01 air box or getting the up dated wich would you do?

madmax7
06-25-2002, 22:24
I haven't had a no start situation, but I do notice that when my engine is hot, with the Juice in level 4, the motor turns over many more times before it fires up.
What gives??

mackin
06-26-2002, 04:11
madmax7,

Rumor has it the (EDGE) is looking into it, a quicker start ,...There's a post on their forum in reference..... Perhaps a 3.512634 version ...... tongue.gif

MAC :D

Kennedy
06-26-2002, 08:01
Deadlyman,

I'd go for it. Either that or modify your old one to look like the new...

deadlyman
06-26-2002, 17:27
Thanks kennedy
Just got my juice back version 3.62c
they must have addressed the now start or hard starting problem so far so good let you know how it goes.