PDA

View Full Version : Juice 4.3 problem?

Big-Popper
09-20-2002, 10:41
I just installed the edge box last night and set it at level 2 on normal and tow/haul. It worked flawless. I was very impressed, until my wife left for work this morning and had to turn around. She said it wouldent go over 30mph. She said she thought the trans was slipping. It was idleing rough when she pulled up. I dident have time to mess with it. I shut the truck off and un pluged the box. Then she went to work. Whats the deal? Has this happened to anyone else? I wont be able to mess with it till later tonight. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jason
:confused: 2002 Duramax :confused:

Kennedy
09-20-2002, 11:33
There were some isolated instances of the 4.3 putting the truck into a limp mode when run hard while cold. Not saying she was running it hard, but most of the reports indicated this was when it occurred. 4.30 has corrected this and to this point, has worked flawlessly on my truck. Hope to get in some more miles this afternoon!

[ 09-20-2002: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

Big-Popper
09-20-2002, 11:55
I am sure she was stepping on it pretty good(when cold). You have to, to get out on the road where we live. I will hook it back up tonight and see what happens tommorrow morning when I use the truck. Thanks

Big-Popper
09-23-2002, 07:56
Kennedy,
Is the 4.30 different than the 4.3? I drove the truck now. If you push the throttle (when cold) more than 1/3 it goes limp. The motor starts rattling and the trans wont shift. If you shut it off for 30 seconds it starts fine and runs good. If you baby it until its warm it works great then. I guess I will call edge and see what they say.

Kennedy
09-23-2002, 09:59
I am told that this was to address this, but since I do not make a habit of doing this (I have 1/2 mile of gravel till asphalt) I cannot make any definitive comments. The 4.30 I am told was to eliminate this.

armalite
09-23-2002, 10:36
On the way to work this morning my truck did something funky. I was driving approx 35 MPH in level 3 and the motor started to bounce almost the same way it does when you verify what level juice you are in. Then it started to rattle and it died. While coasting along, I moved the gear selector to neutral and fired it back up. I immediatly pulled into a parking lot and moved to level 2. I seem to have problems beyond level 2 only. I am running version 4.3 on a 2001. Is this the so called "limp mode" that I am experiencing?

P.S.
I was at full operating temperature.

[ 09-23-2002: Message edited by: armalite ]</p>

Big-Popper
09-23-2002, 10:53
I dont know what the limp mode means but I called edge this morning and they told me the 4.30 will fix my cold engine accelleration problem. I am not sure if this happens to everyones truck but mine has to be all the way warm or you can not go over 1/3 throttle. If I do it runs rough knocks and wont shift. Edge said they have heard of this and will update my box.

6.6L&94ImpalaSS
09-23-2002, 17:10
"armalite On the way to work this morning my truck did something funky. I was driving approx 35 MPH in level 3 and the motor started to bounce almost the same way it does when you verify what level juice you are in. Then it started to rattle and it died. While coasting along, I moved the gear selector to neutral and fired it back up. I immediatly pulled into a parking lot and moved to level 2. I seem to have problems beyond level 2 only. I am running version 4.3 on a 2001. Is this the so called "limp mode" that I am experiencing?
P.S.
I was at full operating temperature."

My Truckdid the same thing with 4.30, but just before the bouncing I had a hick-up then very, very loud rattle (like a ford)then shut down. Did the same thing, put in neutral and started. This was in level 4 and have not had a problem again.

Mike

armalite
09-23-2002, 17:31
Impala,

Sounds about right.