PDA

View Full Version : vt 365 (The new powerjoke)

thechevyhdman
06-19-2002, 00:59
Was reading an article from Owner Operator magazine I get every month. It stated that the new G2 6.0 litre diesel was going to be offered with an Allison tranny. Is this for medium duty trucks or for the pickups also? Also stated the different hp ratings for it, Did say though that the most torque the engine will be capable of (I assume in Medium Duty trucks was 620 ft lbs) Hope I got the money to buy the Juice soon because there aint no way Ill let a blue oval take down a bowtie on my watch.
P.S. From the quick blurb I read It sounds lke the trucks will be seeing the service department floor more than the pavement. Engine sounds super complicated.

Black Dog
06-19-2002, 05:33
Not sure about med. duty, but the pickups get a new Ford built 5 speed automatic. The G2 uses basically all the same technology as the Dmax with the exception that they are using a variable geometry turbocharger, which is becoming common on european diesels. Not really a lot more complicated than our engine. Of course, it will have to be proven before any of us GM or Dodge owners could possibly admit that it could be any good. I would worry more about the new Ford tranny than the motor if I was a Ford guy taking the plunge for the first year.

ZFMax
06-19-2002, 08:44
I hope it's a TERRIFIC motor.

mdrag
06-19-2002, 09:00
Topic moved to General Diesel forum.