PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye Gasser, Hello DURAMAX!!

Bobcat698
09-20-2002, 18:43
Well, We went & picked up the truck today, & I bid farewell to the wonderful 2000 6.0L (YEAH RIGHT :mad: )

That truck is DA*N SWEET!!

I love it!

It is really sharp.
Its a 2003 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Long Box LT.
It has a bug shield, Curt Pop up gooseneck hitch, Mapp Stainless steel running boards, it also has a Line-X Spray-in bedliner.

A few things:
You guys said they removed the trim pieces that showed the level of trim, ie: LT, LS, etc.
They didn't remove them, ours had one on it.

I like the new computer system on the truck, it is Great!
I like the Average MPG & Instant MPG readings, very cool!

The truck has a lot of balls!

I drove it about 70 miles today, I really like it! I tried the Tow/Haul mode to see how it would downshift when I hit the brakes, it worked well.
If you roll down the window, you can hear the turbo whine, that is pretty SWEEET!

I will post some pictures one of these days.

Thanks for all of the info on these trucks, it really helped us in our decision to get the Duramax.

Garrett :eek: :D :cool:

[ 09-20-2002: Message edited by: Bobcat698 ]</p>

mackin
09-20-2002, 18:56
Garrett,

Welcome to the Dmax ownership ........ That's the only thing I would like off the 03, in mine is the DVD set-up ,that is so sweet .....Go get some F00D's and D000E'S lined up after you get some miles racked up......

MAC

Bobcat698
09-20-2002, 19:24
Didn't get the DVD system, I passed on that.

Here is a link to the Gooseneck hitch we had put on:
http://www.curtmfg.com/quickgoose.html

Its really handy!

Garrett

Bobcat698
09-20-2002, 19:29
Check it out!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1184620&uid=705432&members=1

Garrett

hoot
09-20-2002, 19:42
Very nice Bobcat! Glad to see you finally joined the club! Looks tough.

Bobcat698
09-21-2002, 08:29
I sat in the truck probably for 2 hours last night figuring out the radio & the Memory seat.

I can't believe the seat goes down when you take the key out so you can exit easier :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Garrett :D

ChopperBill
09-21-2002, 10:10
My "03" GMC doesnt have a trim level badge. Dont know what I got just know I love it. smile.gif

JEBar
09-21-2002, 16:44
Welcome aboard Bobcat .... know you'll find this hard to believe but it will only get better from here .... have had ours just under a year and put just under 400 miles on her today .... the magic just doesn't go away....Jim

deerhunter7
09-21-2002, 17:03
Bobcat698 welcome and congrats..The 2003 has a few additions I'd like but I'm still smiling every time I hop into mine,, :D

Paintdude
09-21-2002, 17:15
I luv my Duramax..You will yours..

congrats, dude!!!!!!! smile.gif

Bobcat698
09-21-2002, 18:35
Well, I know you really aren't supposed to tow until about 500 miles, but I couldn't stand it.

We went to Menards & picked up 2,240 pounds of concrete on our trailer, so we were pulling a good 5,240 pounds.

On hills that our '99 Ford F-150 would downshift on, the Duramax didn't downshift with the trailer behind me, & we actually GAINED speed even though I had it set on cruise. We were going 55-57MPH.
I love the grade braking when you come to a stop sign, it really helps slow you down.

Weight doesn't phase it at all, It just LAUGHS at hills!

Also, I am surprised how clean the oil is staying in this truck.
When we had our '95 6.5TD, once you changed the oil, if you went on a short trip & checked the oil, it was BLACK.
The oil in the Duramax looks brand new & has 175 miles on it.

I LOVE this truck, it sounds cooler than this one Powerstroke I rode in.
I like the Whistle the turbo makes just going around town.
I hear the K&N Filter amplifies this, I have one on the way already.

We also moved our 38' Gooseneck horse trailer around the yard a bit today. It wouldn't pull it in Idle, but with a little throttle it pulled it fine, without wheelspin, like our gasser did. We didn't even use 4LO! You would kill the engine CONSTANTLY with the 5 speed gasser if trying to maneuver around the yard!

What a Truck!

This truck ROCKS!!

I drive it through town & EVERYONE looks at it!

Probably the most expensive truck in town, too :D

We only have 900 some people here.

WOW :cool:

Garrett

Bobcat698
09-21-2002, 18:43
I also notice my Transmission temps stay REALLY low, even while towing 5,000+lbs, they were always under 150

BobNelson
09-21-2002, 19:18
bobcat..(Garrett).. Welcome to TDP... Hope you enjoy it as much as most of us.

You mentioned that if you "rolled down" the window, you can hear the turbo whine.... Just curious... how do you roll down an electric window?? :D and the turbo does sound sweet...

Again, welcome

afp
09-21-2002, 20:21
Bobcat,

After the K&N, it's time for exhaust, gauges, and Juice. These are not optional! smile.gif

Blaine

Bobcat698
09-22-2002, 07:41
Well, I plan on putting gauges in & getting the Juice after this rig is broken in, but I can't put exhaust on a lease vehicle.

For some reason, my Duramax is pretty loud, especially if you have the window down & someone pulls beside you, it really echos.

Take a look at this thread: I have a bunch of pictures posted in it & a few show our 38 foot trailer hooked up.

http://advancedlubetech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=000289

Copy & paste :rolleyes:

Garrett