PDA

View Full Version : '01 hold out finally gets reflashed

HawgGuy
06-19-2002, 14:53
I gave my truck a birthday present. (It was built 1 year ago almost to the day).

I had been a hold out for the TCM & ECM reflash because it ran so well.

Well, 20 minutes later it's like I have a new truck.

I am probably the last one here to get the reflash, but if there are any other hold outs, my advice is to DO IT.

Maybe I don't need that juice box after all.....naaaa.

The tech did not have any listing for or knowledge of a BCM update addressing the car wash/door lock issue duscussed on this forum

-bob

[ 06-19-2002: Message edited by: HawgGuy ]</p>

Dave_WB3FYV
06-19-2002, 15:24
Well, you held out just slightly longer than me, the Big Black Truck got reflashed Saturday and I agree - it's like driving a new truck! Shifts like a diesel should, stays in higher gears longer, no more surging at idle or going downhill on cruise control, etc, etc. I think my fuel mileage dropped a bit, but that's probably just because I got my right foot stuck in the firewall now! The thing will really embarrass a 5.0 Mustang in a high gear roll-on...

Still planning to get the "Juice", just waiting for the program updates to stabalize. Probably wait until next week ;)

I think 'Mackin' is the last of the last of the holdouts. Maybe some peer presure needs to be applied!!!!

mackin
06-19-2002, 15:39
Nope I be still holding out ........ Might be awhile yet ... Dont need no stinken updates ,,,,,,

The only reflash I got is DA "JUICE" ........

No more or less SES flashes either .. No I didn't get out the paper clip yet ,it will just confirm JK'S assumption, anyway ......

MAC smile.gif

hoot
06-19-2002, 16:30
Me holding out too. I haven't been to the dealer yet and was liking it.

TLA
06-19-2002, 16:43
Somehow, I think mackin would be the last person to crack under peer pressure. Wait 'til they come up with some new bell or whistle on the ECM/TCM update - then we will see.

Kennedy
06-19-2002, 20:58
The last 01 holdout I started/rode in really impressed me. Impressed me in how much better MINE runs...

We are NOT b-s-ing you guys...

APR2000
06-20-2002, 13:36
Here's another reflash non-buyer. I just can't seem to bring myself to do this. Maybe I need to get someone else to take it in for me. My truck was built 11/00. It occurs to me that in years to come the un-reflashed trucks may be the ones everyone will want. Still have 1 1/2 years to decide. Not yet.

Heartbeat Hauler
06-20-2002, 14:40
I admit it I'm chicken to get the reflash. After all the horror stories from a year or more ago. Maybe we will have a contest and the last hold out will get a BD box free from Jim.....Oh sorry dozed off for a second...had a crazy dream about free stuff. :D
Heartbeat "No Flash" Hauler

Reno DMAX
06-20-2002, 15:37
Here's one,

I heard the guy that got buried by Mt. St. Helens was a re-flash hold-out too! :rolleyes:

mackin
06-20-2002, 18:12
The problem I have with the updated reflash is .... If your not happy, they cannot put it back .... :( So right now my truck runs EXCELLENT , so I don't see the necessity, what's a little SES at 90+, let's me no my bulb isn't burnt ... I do have to bring it in when I'm on vacation to do the axle seals ....... My friend says I need a special tool to pull it ?????? Other wise I would consider doing my self .... Even tho it's free under warranty, it's the issue of the people one has to deal with .....So will I let GM re-hack my computer while there ????? If I do, and I don't like it I'm blaming JK ........ tongue.gif

MAC :D :D

Kennedy
06-20-2002, 22:12
I tell ya what Mackin, I'll put up a core ECM, and then, if you have a dealer that will work with you, you can try the new dump while the old version remains safe and sound on your original ECM.

Now if the dealer is uncooperative, maybe we can get Mdrag to try out my T2 Flash software (I've never used it) with his Tech 2 and program it with his truck as a host vehicle...

mackin
06-21-2002, 11:41
Jk

Well, if I can get the dealer to do it that way I just might try it ......Maybe I can get a switch to go back and forth . LOL

Going to bring it in week of 15Th ,July ...... I'll have to drive it 15 miles round trip JUICE'LESS :( No I don't, I'll bring it with me, keep it in my pocket ,I'll pop the hood in there lot, and pluger in ....... YE HAW &gt; .......&gt; Rip a patent pending rear 4 strip sig........ On my way out into the street .........

I might ask *** if he can sneak me in the back door , some night , before that ...... ??????? He's kinda busy this time of the year ...... Zroom, Zroom,Zrooming,his paying customers .......LOL

MAC :D

Bill McGouirk
06-21-2002, 20:47
I did it to!!

I went to get the oil changed toyday and told them I had no power in 4lo. They had it reflashed in 1-1/2 hours. I have olny put about 10 miles on it so far but it seems better. The Allison seems to be in program mode like its starting over to get to know Me. It is a Cal. 2001 4x4 std cab no cat.

BIll

mdrag
06-21-2002, 22:31
You can count me in for this project....

mackin -&gt; JUST DO IT!!! It may be hard to believe, but the truck runs much better after the upgrades. I was apprehensive about doing the software upgrades, so I understand your concerns to a point, but you have to get over it and move forward. I don't recall a single post describing problems with the latest software for the ECM.

I had my TCM upgraded today for the 2-1 shift issue and I like it - not that it was bad before, now it is even better.

BTW mackin, I noticed a small amount of leakage on the rear axle hubs (both sides) :eek: when rotating my tires. The hubs were faintly discolored in places from the axle lube - easily overlooked if not for the forum posts describing the problem. I had the dealer check it today and was told a small amount of seepage was normal
:confused: :rolleyes: ...Gotta keep an eye on this...

Redhawk
06-22-2002, 18:18
Just had mine reflashed last Thursday. The truck ran fine before I had it done, but the 2-1 shift problem and the jumping from fifth to fourth constantly when towing my fiver made me do it. I wish I'd have done it sooner. The shifting is firmer and predictable and just the seat of the pants feeling is more power, although obviously the engine is just the same.