PDA

View Full Version : Hottest JUICE to date!!!!!!

obb
09-22-2002, 11:22
Has Any one Run this Box..And I am not talking about 4.30 This is a drag box so to speak...Fast Fast Fast level 4 is unbeliveble...Anyone

mackin
09-22-2002, 12:10
obb

:confused:

NutNbutGMC
09-22-2002, 12:33
^.... What Mack Daddy said. :rolleyes:

CanadaKev
09-22-2002, 17:23
Mac,
Figured that post would grab your attention :D
Wasn't at all surprised to see you reply first :D
Your supposed to be slowin' down remember ;)

obb,
I'm a waitin' along with Mac an' Nuttin' :confused: :confused:

mackin
09-22-2002, 17:42
CanadaKev,

Sure did ...I haven't spoken with Aaron in a while....Thinking about upping again after what I'm hearing..... :rolleyes:

Not quite sure what this guy is mentioning ....... :confused:

if you want to see a HOT topic follow the Drivetrain forum to the two threads on a 03 taillights swap...Now their SMOKIN HOT >.......LOL

MAC :D

Alli-max
09-22-2002, 18:19
:D :D :D

I am in on "this loop"... I guess it is top secret. Pullinpower... BE SCARED, and thats all I gotta say. ;)

GMC-2002-Dmax
09-22-2002, 18:45
All right,

I need to know, is this a tease or what??? DRAG BOX???? :confused:

I have waiting for updates to slow down having been "Juiced" since July. I guess I'll keep on waiting :( :( .

I don't know what v3.0 was like, but I sure would like to see what the v4.3 has got over the v3.61.

Keep Posting,

GMC ;)

Kennedy
09-22-2002, 19:54
Not for public release at this time...

GMC-2002-Dmax
09-22-2002, 20:36
JK,

So how can I become a BETA Tester???? :D

Seriously though, have you tried it???? :confused:

Or are you not at liberty to discuss this at this time?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Keep us posted, PLEASE!!!

THANKS,

GMC ;)

Alli-max
09-22-2002, 22:11
okay, okay... I will tell you.... It is the Juice 10.8 Read below....

It is called that because that will be your 1/4 times!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously though.... JK didnt tell me CRAP. I just knew it was out there in the works. I didnt post because I didnt think posting something about nothing would do any good except get a bunch of "what is it" posts.... I am SURE JK will let us know ASAP...along with Mr. Aaron...

SoMnDMAX
09-22-2002, 23:39
It'll be sweet when it becomes available!!

I will say no more. :D

Kennedy
09-23-2002, 12:27
The "Hot Juice" is another SOLID 35HP upgrade that basically comes in as level 4, backs the others down one step (drops off 1)

This is the same box that I ran to/during the Pull Off in MT with the exception that it has been blended with the 4.30 base which is a much more refined program than the one that I ran. Mine had some fishbite at certain times, but the 4.30 hasn't missed a beat yet (knock on wood) so obviously, I am anxious to try the latest "Hot Juice" program! I ran this program at the highest level THROUGH 84mph at over 24k combined wt, but then again, the Allison did have a little help!

This is NOT the box for the timid, the average guy, or the demerit-ally (license points) challenged like Makin ;) as EGT's and speed CAN get you in trouble! The program tip-toes closer to the edge of the Allison's capabilities. While it generally stays on the safe side, certain circumstances can allow it to cross the line into limp mode, but this is fairly infrequent and you really have to "sneak up on it" to do so. Then again, you could always use a lower power level and keep the "Hot" level for racing as intended...

The program will be made available very shortly (like this afternoon), and is said to be an additional $300 on top of the std. Juice. Existing units CAN be upgraded for same upcharge.

tpitt
09-23-2002, 13:22
Mine should be here this week. Just got off the phone with Aaron a little while ago.
I plan on entering my truck in the drags at the Oct. Showdown in Tulare Ca. next month. tpitt

GMC-2002-Dmax
09-23-2002, 15:43
Thanks for the info,

Let's see 90hp for $675.00 - $850.00 , 35hp more for $300.00 additional $$$$$ :( :( :( .

I would hope that maybe we could catch a break on the price here, we did invest in the "juice" already. It would put the "juice" at $900.00 to $1000.00 :( .

I understand that this is a performance upgrade, but we are only talking a reflash here.

Hopefully DP members could get a deal.

I'll sit on the fence on this one for a while.

GMC

sdaver
09-23-2002, 18:21
LESS THAN TEN DOLLARS PER HORSEPOWER(REAL HP)...........TRY THAT WITH A GAS MOTOR AND SEE HOW FAR YOU GET.........THANKS TO FEDEX AND A FRIEND IN UTAH MINE WILL BE HERE IN THE MORNING. JUST WATCH FOR THE SMOKE AND LISTEN FOR THE WHINE.........DAVE :D :D :D :D

mackin
09-23-2002, 19:10
JUICE'D JUICE !!!!!!!!

SUPER JUICE !!!!!!!!!

TIMID !!!!!!! NOT LIKELY !!!!!!!!

VALENTINE SMOKIN WITH BOGIE ALERTS ?????? LIKELY !!!!!!

BRAKE SCENTED INTERIOR ????????????? GOOD POSSIBILITY !!!!!!!!

FIRST NAME BASES WITH DRIVING SCHOOL INSTRUCTOR ??????? MORE THAN LIKELY !!!!!!!!!

SIGNATURE FOUR STRIP MARKINGS OUTSIDE CLASSROOM ???????

:eek: :D tongue.gif :eek:

MAC

BEFORE SATURDAY THE 28 TH ??????????

[ 09-23-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

SoCalDMAX
09-23-2002, 21:16
Now guys, keep in mind all of the associated costs.

Speeding tickets. Worn brake pads. Shredded tires. Broken head rests. Dented floorboards. And don't forget, you'll be up against the speed limiter all that much faster. Not to mention all of the teenagers screaming at you as you fly by, "What's yer big friggin' hurry?!"

I ask you, is it really worth all that?

I can't believe I even asked the question. (Sigh...) It's like waving a needle at a methadone clinic.

OK, fine. Just drive carefully and keep your radar detectors on. ;)

Regards, Steve

obb
09-23-2002, 21:58
Sorry Guys didnt mean to get you all worked up about this little black drug we call the juice..10.8 times maybe but untill then just a real seat of the pants rush.....This is not a box that makin needs to get his hands on cause when he does he will Definetly have the old license take away.......

Kennedy
09-24-2002, 10:54
Well, it (Hot Box) is available for programming now. Not sure when I'll get to test it (gotta put in a new water system pump and underground lines) although I have run a similar version...

sixl
09-24-2002, 12:18
I went to update mine to the "HOT BOX" and all it did was erase the program 4.30. Edge said to try the update again in about two hours. I should have mine by to night. I will keep ya'll updated on what I think :D :D

motovet
09-24-2002, 13:23
I will NOT be uping to the new HOT box for now. I was told the first three levels are unchanged and the level four 90HP has been dropped for the 130HP. If level three retained the tried and true 90HP and level one was dropped I would do it as I have never tried level one and could do without it. You guys going for the new race version may want to consider if it is worth loosing the 90HP level. It seems to me if you are running around with that much power the tranny could use some beefing up. What did you do to your Allison John?....

Kennedy
09-24-2002, 14:28
I am running a special torque converter, and flow control valve in my Allison. So far so good, and I am told that this is only 1/3rd of the potential for the transmission mod. program I am running. The other 2/3rds are still in the works...

My Hot Box program attempt confirmed as good, but I have not yet tried it on the truck.

[ 09-25-2002: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

mackin
09-24-2002, 17:48
sdaver,

AND????????
It's beyond morning even where you are oppose to me........
Give us the skinny on the hopped up "SUPER JUICE" ........

MAC ;)

motovet
09-24-2002, 19:17
I WILL be getting the new hot box probably by Thursday. When I talked to Aaron this morning he told me that the only change to the HOT version would be dropping the 90HP level and replacing it with 125HP. I said this new version would not be as appealing with the power "trade" on level 4. Knowing I would not consistently run around at the 125HP level, level 3 would be a step backwards.
Then I see Aarons' post on HOT box levels and give him another call. He said he changed the levels just for me. I doubt this is true, but hey, what a guy!
Bottom line is: level 1 is gone (who cares), 90HP remains, and the insanity level is added. Hope the future tranny upgrades aren't to expensive.

motovet
09-24-2002, 19:28
John, will these upgrades to the Allison be available to any interested conservatively insane individuals any time soon?

sdaver
09-24-2002, 19:39
im sorry to say that fedex let me down but i have a personal guarntee that it will be here wed am.....hopefully the hurrcane in the gulf will hold off long enough for a few passes on dry pavement..........if not then its 4hi on a very wide section of road..........its been a real hectic work day and i was really lookin forward to the additional rush....i guess i could drive a couple of hundred miles to some dry pavement........or just stick it back in the mail for a man named mac to test and report.....hey mac whats the weather up your way......should i send my drivers lic. with it.

lookin forward to a little more smoke and whine

dave
:D

[ 09-24-2002: Message edited by: sdaver ]

[ 09-24-2002: Message edited by: sdaver ]</p>

mackin
09-24-2002, 20:35
MOTOVET,

Thanks for getting our buddy Aaron to change....... :D

If John is running the triple lock converter from ATS it is available,I'd like to know to if he is and how it works for him .......Otherwise if you seen the FINE article by MP on the HILL climb "3" apparently JK got some "SECRETS".......

MAC

big dipper
09-24-2002, 20:51
Mackin,
I believe this is what you wanted to hear.......

"I ran this program at the highest level THROUGH 84mph at over 24k combined wt, but then again, the Allison did have a little help" a quote from THE MAN himself.

I think he also said he towed 18k or 20k combined from home to the pull off.

Kennedy
09-24-2002, 21:12
Yes :D

sixl
09-24-2002, 21:44
I got my HOT BOX and I love it this truck will haul *SS I had it upgraded from 4.30 I don't care what anyone says this is the best yet!!!Keep it coming!! :D smile.gif ;)

BowTieDmax
09-25-2002, 00:18
What does the "SuperJuice" torque level move up to? I think it's time to upgrade my 3.0 version. I've been holding out because I wasnt willing to give up even a little bit of power to eliminate fishbite & black smoke. But this sounds to good to pass up.
WOW !! A JUICE A STEROIDS, THIS IS JUST AWSOME!!!!!!!!!
I'll be making that phone call tommorrow.

Kennedy
09-25-2002, 08:43
HP peak with a power box will occur at a substantially lower rpm than stock, so in order to get 35HP at say 2700 RPM, it would take pretty near 70 lb/ft...

We've been learning/fighting the Mustang software and what seems to be some "bugs" in this particular unit, but hope to eventually have it set to print HP/TQ numbers by rpm vs a graph that looks like it was drawn by a crayon...

FWIW, the "Hot Juice" upgrade is available from dealers (like myself) with "Juicer" programming capabilities.

[ 09-25-2002: Message edited by: kennedy ]

[ 09-25-2002: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

SoCalDMAX
09-25-2002, 10:39
JK,

"HP peak with a power box is substantially lower than stock,"

Was this a typo? Or am I misunderstanding it totally?

Regards, Steve

GMC D-Max
09-25-2002, 13:16
I think you just misunderstood!

What he said was, a power box/module/PCM whatever, moves the horsepower peak lower, or DOWN the RPM range. Example: if peak horsepower, stock, is @ 2700rpm, with a box it will be at, say 2200rpm. He did not say that peak horsepower would be less. There's definitely more, but it occurs at a different rpm than stock.

[ 09-25-2002: Message edited by: GMC D-Max ]</p>

7mmSTW
09-25-2002, 13:29
125HP
300TQ

According to a little bird anywhay.

sdaver
09-25-2002, 13:31
SPININ SPININ SPININ OR THE TIRES ARE SPININ
DAVID HES A GRINNIN OH YEA
THE SKYS THEY ARE A RAININ BUT DAVIDS NOT COMPLAININ
SOON THE ROAD WILL BE NICE AND DRY
BLACK SMOKE WILL BE ROLLING AND HOPEFULLY JOHNNY LAW WANT BE TOLLING............RAINY DAYS SUCK......MY MIND JUST RUNS A STRAY.......BY THE WAY I GOT MY SUPERJUICE AND BEST I CAN TELL(WET PAVMENT) ITS BETTER THAN BEFORE(3.8)MUCH BETTER :D :D :D :D :D :D :eek:

[ 09-25-2002: Message edited by: sdaver ]

[ 09-25-2002: Message edited by: sdaver ]</p>

SoCalDMAX
09-25-2002, 14:49
GMC D-max,

Thanks, that makes sense, I knew it had to be in the way I interpreted it, whew!

Sdaver,

You're crackin' me up!... lemme guess, "Rawhide"? LOL :D Haven't seen a song posted here since Hoot and gang started doing "Propane" to the tune of Eric Clapton's classic "Cocaine"... That kept us rolling for a few days! :eek:

Regards, Steve

imported_
09-25-2002, 15:21
"propane"? :eek: ... i wanna hear that one... please post a link

motovet
09-25-2002, 17:47
Anyone on here working today?.....yeah me too. The pavement is very dry in the northwest...should have the HOT box with the M.V. levels tomorrow....oh yeah!

[ 09-25-2002: Message edited by: motovet ]</p>

obb
09-25-2002, 20:08
I am glad to see you guys are waiting for dry pavment...Dont even attempt to get in to it slowly and then hammer down on the wet stuff cause even at 65 when the tranny shifts on wet pavment you will break them loose.......

sdaver
09-25-2002, 20:35
obb, your right its a proven fact........dave :eek:

GMC-2002-Dmax
10-04-2002, 15:10
OK,

I said I was gonnna sit on the fence for a while, well a while wasn't very long. Thanks to a friend I got Super Juiced this AM, and no it did not come by way of the Big Brown Truck.

It came Special "D" by way of a Big Black DOOLEY!!!

Version 4.30 Super Juice.

All I can say is it puts that v3.61aintworththeplasticitwasmadeof TO SHAME.

Get it!!!!

You won't be dissapointed.

Thanks MAC!!! :D

GMC ;)

[ 10-04-2002: Message edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax ]</p>

D/A
10-05-2002, 00:23
John did I hear you right were you towing all that weight in level 4 your EGT's must have been something to see. What is the safe EGT's to stay around when towing. Any info would be helpful

imported_
10-05-2002, 00:25
I am not sure i am liking this one .... i am so used to the low end 'hit' of 3.0 this one almost seems slow....... ?........ edge is awesome as usual.... no fish on this line... but i do miss that glut of low end on the 3.0 programming.\
just my o.ooooo2$

Kennedy
10-05-2002, 06:37
On the Pull Off hill, EGT's were HIGH, but I later found that the mod turbo had it's ups and downs once I put the stocker back on. It is now in development once again.

Across the Continental divide, we would drop OD, and if on cruise, the EGT would run up past 1400