PDA

View Full Version : Seat Postion effecting Performance??

Wilky
09-22-2002, 19:38
A Farmer Friend of mine came over tonight to drop of some tractor rims(which are great for burning brush). Any way he stated that if he positions the Front seat all the way back, then the engine is doggie. I believe him, and told him I would post the subject. My question is, what could cause this? Is the/a computer under the seat or are there sensor wires under there that could cause this problem?

Adios.
Wilky

AKDmax
09-22-2002, 19:42
"My question is, what could cause this?" Ummmm... he has short legs and can't push the pedal down as far as if the seat was forward more. LOL!!!!!!!! You've got to be kidding!

NutNbutGMC
09-22-2002, 22:41
^...ROTF...LMAO... Lean toward the middle too... :D :D

Heartbeat Hauler
09-23-2002, 10:03
WILKY,
Put the doobie down and step away from the keyboard.... :D

SoCalDMAX
09-23-2002, 10:24
You mean I spent all this money on performance mods and all I had to do was move the seat forward??? :mad:

Steve ;)

bluenote
09-23-2002, 12:57
If you lean towards the middle too, then most of us guys would feel duty bound to let one go. :eek: I believe there was a thread a few weeks ago warning of the dangers in doing this to your seat. tongue.gif

Burner
09-23-2002, 14:12
Hey Wilky,

Does the truck turn to the right when you press on the right side of the break? How about the left side? If the truck responds in that manner...... well, you'er probably smoking "senci bud" and not the "regular" stuff. Maybe you should change the muffler bearings? ;) ;) ;)

Burner tongue.gif

hoot
09-23-2002, 14:37
"Vessel Manager" ???? (see profile)

You know...... we would really look like fools if there really was something to this.

Vessel.....hmmmm 12 oz.?

DmaxMaverick
09-23-2002, 18:11
O...M...G...

I thought mine was the only one! What a relief that I'm not the only one in the universe.

Mine loses power when my seat is all the way back. The stearing ain't so good, either. Come to think of it, the brakes also have an issue here.

Just had a briliant idea. Forget that Juice and tow/haul thing. I'll just use my memory seat buttons. Sometimes, I just amaze myself! Gotta love these new fangled GM things.

deerhunter7
09-23-2002, 18:19
Man is it hard to pull the seat up an accelerate at the same time!!! :D

Glad I have power seats!!!

[ 09-23-2002: Message edited by: deerhunter7 ]</p>

Gbenzx01
09-23-2002, 19:44
Wilky,
Don't pay any attn to this bunch they're just trying to bring up a little humor otta this.
But really what kind of contraption are you talking abt?
Could it be the tractor the rims came off of? Is it a pickup truck? Tractor/Trailer? Dump truck?
I'd suppose that if the seat has a memory maybe it is connected to the ecm/tcm, icbm or who knows!
thnx, Gben

mackin
09-23-2002, 19:50
Wilky ,

Tell that Farmer friend to.........
=&gt; Pull them rabbit ear'd mirrors in and drop the tailgate and do not scrape the cow dung and mud from his boots on the door sill on the way into his truck to lay his tired field plowing bones into the truck and EASE the seat back and enjoy the ride.......

With the build up on his shoes and the aerodynamic adjustments he makes will make up for his shortened right leg.....

MAC ;)

Paintdude
09-23-2002, 19:51
Maybe that is why they changed the seats in the 03`s..

I would say if it effects the performance the cure would be..Not to put the seat all the way back..

NutNbutGMC
09-23-2002, 20:01
^....Still ROTF...LMAO.... :D :D :D Too much fun.... :D

ChevysRus
09-23-2002, 20:43
OK stay with me on this..........

It's probably true, moving the seat back changes the weight ratio moving the mass (big a** driver)beyond the lateral center of gravity (opposite vetical center of gravity). This would be similar to an astronaut riding at the end of a centerfuge (maximum G forces). If you move the astronaut back towards the middle of the centerfuge the speed is the same, but the G forces are reduced.

So moving the driver (mass = big A** driver) back about 12 inches reduces the feeling of G forces making one think that the truck is doggie suddenly while all the time the sensation is just a change in forces. In other words........
IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD LOL ha ha ha

To prove this theory put the seat all the way up and run a 1/4 mile, note times, then put the seat in the middle and run the 1/4 again noting times, then with the seat all the way back run the quarter again and note the time. The last run will feel slower, but timing should be about the same.

I think this can all the found in that Farmers Almanac. Another way to prove this theory is to sit in the back of the extended cab or the 4-door and using a long stick press the gas pedal while steering over the back of the seat, move stick to brake pedal when necessary. The sensation should be reduced, but your heartrate should be higher, if not we will submit your name to the Darwin Award committee for consideration LOL ha ha ha

OK lots of fun, now scoot that seat back up and let's take a ride!

NutNbutGMC
09-23-2002, 21:16
^....No Effin way I'm buying in on this. All I can see from this is the ceiling... Still ROTF... LMAO.... :D :D Mackin. you're too much... D@MMIT BOY!!!

It's doggie alright.. DOGGIE DOO-DOO... :D :D

[ 09-23-2002: Message edited by: NutNbutGMC ]</p>

mdrag
09-23-2002, 21:27
ChevysRus,

"...This would be similar to an astronaut riding at the end of a centerfuge (maximum G forces). If you move the astronaut back towards the middle of the centerfuge the speed is the same, but the G forces are reduced..."

There's a minor flaw in your theory :eek: - in your astronaut example, the rotational velocity (RPM) remains the same, but the linear velocity DECREASES ;)

Wilky,

If your friend is serious, I would check for throttle pedal interference such as from the carpeting or floor mats. If he's not serious - GOTCHA!!! :D

ChevysRus
09-24-2002, 05:38
MDRAG LOL It takes BS to recognize BS ha ha ha

Have a great day ya'll

hoot
09-24-2002, 07:23
I figured it out.....

During acceleration, you run the seat back. The opposite direction of the seat cancels out your forward motion, relatively speaking.

Here's the formula...

E=MC Squared.

In other words, relatively speaking that is, we can go faster by installing a rocket launcher on our seat. ;)

odoh
09-25-2002, 12:01
I'm really interested in 'tractor rims good for burning brush'. ~ odoh

MaxACL
09-25-2002, 13:13
Wilky... What does your Farmer Friend grow?

Ask him if he's ever tried an oil injector/sprayer in front of the hood. Slick trucks get more RPM/less friction!
:D

Mic
09-25-2002, 18:05
^----"Slick trucks get more RPM/less friction!"

Maybe there IS truth to Armor-All-ing my tires (tread AND sidewall) = LESS friction + MORE speed :eek:

[ 09-25-2002: Message edited by: Mic ]</p>

Arnie
09-25-2002, 18:14
I'm still Giggling to myself..... ;)

Pizza Man
09-25-2002, 18:35
ROFL

mackin
09-25-2002, 18:55
MaxACL,

Oh we know what he's growing !!!!!!! Question is, how much does it cost ????? It's harvest time !!!!!!!!

MAC :D :eek: :D

Wilky
09-25-2002, 20:17
OK all you Chebbie *******s. The Duramax is not my Truck and a friend had a legitmate concern, and this is how you treat him. I will no longer post any trouble shooting problems with you newbies to the Diesel market. I came to this Site for Help and all I get is unhelpful crap.

I will post this on the Ford-Diesel site, and atleast they will attempt to help me.

Now I know why I drive Fords, It's not the Truck. It is the pricks you have to deal with. Duramax sucks and will always be junk. F*%k all of you.

mdrag
09-25-2002, 20:21
Topic closed.

mdrag