PDA

View Full Version : ? on Juice programming

6.6L&94ImpalaSS
09-23-2002, 03:32
Can you program in tow/haul and normal at the same time? I thought some of you were doing it, but the directions do not detail doing both.

By the way 4.30 is definitely better.

Mike

GMC D-Max
09-23-2002, 07:00
I always program normal mode first, turn the key off, and then go through the procedure again to program tow/haul mode. No problems, yet.

[ 09-23-2002: Message edited by: GMC D-Max ]</p>

Big-Popper
09-23-2002, 07:59
Can you have different levels on normal and tow/haul? Like level 3 normal, level 2 tow/haul? I havent had luck doing this with mine.

sixl
09-23-2002, 08:10
Yes you can, set normal then start over and you can set tow/haul the same or diff. I run mine level 2 in normal and 4 in t/h. If I am pulling then I change t/h to 2 also.

CntrlCalDmax
09-23-2002, 08:12
I turn the key on, select the level with the shifter, stomp 3 times, push T/H, select the level, stomp 3 times, put the shifter in park and start the engine. Then I confirm with PRNRP in both normal and T/H and it works every time. Usually run 2 in normal and 4 in T/H. Had 3.5 now have 4.30. Really like 4.30, fishbit is gone!

RichBailey
09-23-2002, 08:46
OK, I've finally ordered a juice from Kennedy. Now why do some people program the t/h mode on 4 and normal on level 2. Seems like you would do the reverse. What am I missing?

Kennedy
09-23-2002, 09:45
Rich,

It seems that the torque converter lockup in T/H 3-5th gears makes the truck much quicker vs. "driving through" the stall of the converter and loads the engine harder.

I often set both to level 4 for everything...

6.6L&94ImpalaSS
09-23-2002, 17:03
Thanks for the input everyone. So alot of you guys run in T/H mode all the time or just when you are wanting to kick it?

SoCalDMAX
09-23-2002, 17:11
I have mine set for level 3 in normal and 4 in tow/haul. I cruise around in normal 80% of the time and get great power with very little smoke. When someone decides that their little car is faster and deserves to be in front of the "big slow diesel truck", then a push of the tow/haul button gives a little more power and locks up the T/C for better acceleration.

When I'm feeling really ornery, I click on the propane as well, but I guess I'm mellowing out in my old age... ;) It's taken me 3 mos to go thru the last 5 gal. of propane.

Regards, Steve

turbolag
09-28-2002, 08:17
Help....I finally jumped in and bought the Juice 4.3. I'm having the same problem others have spoke about when programming and have not been able to tell which setting the box took after programming. Is this possible? Also when programming my change oil light sequence is resetting.
Turn key on..
Select desired level while holding the brake pedal down and stomping on the throttle 3 times...
Turn key off and back on..
Push T/H and set...
No clue if it took or not
Thanks for the help.....

Kennedy
09-28-2002, 08:36
Here's how I do it:

1) Set park brake

2) Turn ignition on, select desired level, and transmission mode.

3) Push the accelerator pedal fully to the floor three times in succession. Take your time. be deliberate, and pause for 1/2 second at the top/bottom of travel. This isn't a race. Also, make sure there are no mats interfering with 100% travel.

4) Move selector to park and start the engine. Cycle the Tow/Haul button off/on a couple times. Shift to N and back to park, at which time the engine idle will briefly flare consistent with the level you have selected. Example: Level 4 will give 4 short flairs in idle RPM. The first flare can come right as the selector hits park, so listen closely.

[ 09-28-2002: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

turbolag
09-28-2002, 09:12
Thank YOu...I will give it a try smile.gif smile.gif