PDA

View Full Version : Power Loader Updated?

xpladox
09-23-2002, 14:18
I just got of their site. A few days ago they took the new Power Loader down and today it is back up. There is one line in particular that i noticed.

"You can remove the program before going to the dealer with no traces of any aftermarket accessories."

I know we have discussed being able to save default settings and as of last week, Dennis stated that you could not restore factory default. Well I read this and it seems to me that now you can do that. Can we get some clarification once again on this Dennis. Thanks

Burner
09-23-2002, 16:18
Dennis,

I spoke with them as well. I do not believe that the power loader will have the "memory" for some months. For now, as I understand, the truck info must be conveyed to them at the factory. From there they can burn in "your" truck information. If you sell the loader it will not work on another truck untill the factory see's it again..... I think

Burner

AbqGeorge
09-23-2002, 22:01
My guess is they are "hard coding" the VIN number into their loader to prevent theft of their invention. The loader queries the PCM for the VIN number. If it doesn't match, no workie.