PDA

View Full Version : First tow with Duramaximizer

schnier
06-21-2002, 08:04
Well I have had it installed for three weeks now and all is going great. I purchased box number 86 so there are a few others out there. No codes, no smoke, just real smooth when you need it. I have been running it on 75% most all the time. This module comes in over 50% of the application of throttle. So when it rains or snows the truck will still be stock power unless you roll up the throttle and handle weather a little better. I drove from Ohio to South Carolina and got 10.5 mpg to 12.5mpg on the trip. This is running 70 mph to 75 mph pulling 9,000 lbs. The faster you go the more it likes it. The truck only down shifted 3 times on the whole trip. One hill up Jelico mtn Tenn it held 70 Mph until traffic slowed up at the 3/4 point in the hill. I outpulled a 2000 F**d by at least 1/4 mile and had to wait on him. He had 5" exhaust and a chip. I did not use cruise very much as the big hills and traffic patterns do not allow it, as much as if you were out west or down south. I would personally increase fuel versus timing due to the fact I have burned up some VW motors if you advance the timing to much and fuel will not do that. I love the box and adjustability and the transmission seems to have adjusted even more to hold fifth gear a lot longer. I think it is still learning even after 28,000 miles on the truck. The more you tow the better it runs. Fuel mileage to me has remained the same if not a tad better. Good luck with all the mod boxes in the future.

JEBar
06-21-2002, 14:13
One hill up Jelico mtn Tenn it held 70 Mph until traffic slowed up at the 3/4 point in the hill. ===> Know that hill well, very impressive performance to say the least .... most vehicles can't do as well no matter how lightly they are loaded. Glad you like you truck and unit. :cool:
Jim

tmg115
06-21-2002, 17:28
the duramaximizer is great for towing. if someone was looking for a chip to tow with i would say get the duramaximzer. it does really well and gives that great towing power.