PDA

View Full Version : Another engine problem.......what next.

Maverick
09-23-2002, 22:21
My exhaust had a slight haze to it when I had the head gasket problems. I figured it was burning a little Dex-Cool. The heads got fixed and the smoking got progressively worse. At idle it was very noticable. Hit the gas and poof....big cloud of white/blue smoke. Kick the high idle up to 1800 and a steady stream of hazey smoke comes out. Made another app. at the dealer and they never got my truck in late last week. They did get it in this morning and Tech II said nothing. Called tech assistance and they said to pull all the glow plugs again. He pulled all of them on the right bank and finds the #1 cylinder glow plug is wet with fuel. Don't know why it didn't set any codes. They had an injector in stock and replaced it and it runs great now. No smoke and it even feels stronger off the line now. They wavied my $100 deductable since I was just in there for my gaskets a few weeks ago. 1800 more miles and I am out of my 5yr 100K engine warranty. I hope this engine is fixed for good now.

Flyboy
09-24-2002, 09:39
I hope it stays fixed for you this time. My truck is in the shop now for a major fuel leak. Pump is leaking big time. New pump due in today. Hope that problem don't re-appear later on my nickel.

bbattrell
09-24-2002, 09:59
Maverick
I know how you fill. I just got my truck last week after 2.5 weeks of waiting on a rear gasket and reinstalling the engine. I hate to say but it is leaking oil still from the rear. I am going to make sure they order the gasket this time before they pull the engine. I am dreading going back in, and being without my truck.
O well It will get its second oil change with less then 700 miles on it compliments of GM.