PDA

View Full Version : Texan DMax outshines Cummins

CanadaKev
06-21-2002, 16:14
Took the truck for a run into our B.C. mountains yesterday(500 mile trip), to look at a 33' 5th, for my father-in-law. On the way up he was concerned about pulling a 13K trailer with his '02 EC LB DMAX/ALLI. I told him, NO WORRIES!!

Anyway, we followed a big 5th down a 10 mile long hill into Princton. The 5th pulls off the road at the bottom and we drive by and take a look at the tow vehicle. Identical truck to my in-laws except an '01 variety and not 4WD but even the same color(pewter)! I pull a Uy and go back to talk to this Texan couple. First thing I do is climb under his truck and start looking for mods.
ie:4"Exhaust,air springs,Exhaust brake??? Nothing! Not a thing! Completely stock except for the spray-in bed liner.
We started talkin' to this guy to see how he liked the truck. He loves it! Pulled the 13K 5th with a cummins prior to owning the Dmax. The D***E went through two trannies and two rear ends. They have owned the Silverado for over a year and have towed all over N.A., and they travel all year 'round(live in it). Absolutely problem free. I forgot to ask him how many miles he had on it. My bad!
I asked his wife if they had ever considered an exhaust brake. She said 'it's all built in to these trucks. It just slows down and brakes all by itself.' I just smiled knowing she was refering to the tow/haul/mode.
Anyway, talking to this guy, eased my father in-laws concerns about pulling a big trailer with his Dmax. We said good-bye and continued on to Penticton where he bought the trailer!! smile.gif smile.gif