PDA

View Full Version : The "HOT" Levels(sorry)

Juice
09-24-2002, 13:54
"Normal"
Gear 1-40
2-60
3-75
4-90
R-Timing only

"HOT"
Gear 1-60
2-75
3-90
4-125
R-Timing only

Sorry, tongue.gif

SoCalDMAX
09-24-2002, 15:21
NOW yer talkin' my language!

How are smoke levels? Is the Allison handling the power OK?

Regards, Steve

mtomac
09-24-2002, 16:33
Next day aired mine to aaron today. Having it 2nd dayed back so it should be here Friday. Hopefully it makes it because Friday is the last test & tune at 131 dragway in Martin. Will the 125hp juice shave a couple tenths off my 1/4 mile time? We'll see...

SoCalDMAX
09-24-2002, 16:45
If not, It'll shave some off your rear tires... hehehe ;)

Regards, Steve

mackin
09-24-2002, 16:46
=> :D :D :D :D => Taint for nothing..........Line up the local authority's, get your speed traps ready ......Testing the accuracy of the VALENTINE ONE, don't fail me now, or Get out your peanut butter, cause it's License eatin time........May get a SUPER JUICE spill in Ct this weekend calling for rain....... :eek:

MAC

tongue.gif

Hey BOMMER SEE "YOU" in the rearview.........

[ 09-24-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

sixl
09-24-2002, 17:26
I got my (HOT BOX)!!!!!! this afternoon and it KICKS *SS It smokes like HELL and HAULS *SS No problems with the trany or any thing except speed limiters!! Any ? just ask I'll be back after a nother DRIVE!!!! smile.gif :D ;)

3TV
09-25-2002, 06:39
Well first of all, the increased smoke of the Hot Juice does not appeal to me. I figure it is better to beat your oponent without letting them see you sweat, so to speak. If you can blow away that PowerJoke with no smoke from your exhaust you just humiliated him, but if you had to lay down a cloud of diesel smoke to do it, you just tipped your hand that you are pumping a lot more fuel than stock through your motor in able to beat him. I like my Juice 4.0 BECAUSE it does not smoke very much at all.

Second, I like the economy of my Juice 4.0. I took a trip to Las Vegas yesterday (200 miles), and got 22.6 mpg, with the cruise set at 80 mph for the whole trip.

Ok, after having said that, ... MORE POWER IS A GOOD THING, so I AM interested in the HOT Juice.

The one thing I do not particularly care for on my Juice 4.0 is the way it defuels with each shift of the transmission when at full throttle. Can anyone tell me whether or not the Hot Juice defuels for shifts like the Juice 4.0 does? If shifts are made without as much defueling, I would strongly consider sending my Juice 4.0 back to get the Hot Juice 4.30 update. And also, will the Hot Juice 4.30 give the same fuel economy as my Juice 4.0?

Thanks,
3TV.

GMC D-Max
09-25-2002, 07:07
3TV, my understanding is the "Hot Juice" and Juice v4.30 are NOT the same. The "Hot Juice" is supposed to be a $300 up-charge, and the v4.30 is gratis, just as the past upgrade versions were. I haven't had a chance to test out my v4.30, yet. (see the "THIS SUCKS!!!" thread smile.gif )

sixl
09-25-2002, 07:17
I think that the 4.30 and HOT BOX are the same they just changed the calibration some. 1 is 2 and 2 is 3 and so on until you get to 4 and that is the 125hp. As for smoke yes it smokes in stage 4 but you still have the old 90hp. I love mine this is the best thing sense sliced bread!!!!!!
:D :D smile.gif smile.gif ;) ;)

Kennedy
09-25-2002, 08:34
The Hot Juice is based on the 4.30 calibration with an increased HP level and a drop off of level one as Aaron stated. I believe the one that I ran at the Pull Off was based on a 3.xx or some earlier program.

Just because you have the Hot Box programming does not mean you need to use it al the time! Smoke is actually quite minimal with mine. only laying down a big cloud on initial application. Once the turbo is spinning (back to stock for now) it is actually quite clean.

PS those running ANY the high HP boxes w/o gauges are best advised to add them. If you want to see a TRUE indication of EGT, look into a fast acting probe. I think you will be surprised! :eek: