PDA

View Full Version : Juice power level change problem

HawgGuy
06-22-2002, 21:24
Just got juiced today. Firmware version 3.5c. Very tough to change power levels. Almost ready to give up and finally got it into level 4 after around 20 trys. Now I can't change out of level 4. Following the instructions to the letter. Pedel to the floor, no floor mat interference. Tried pumping fast & slow. Usually get the change oil light confirmation, but the level (as indicated by the engine revs after doing the P-R-N-R-P thing never changes.

I searched the forum and note that this is not a rare problem:
http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=003365

I started this new thread to see if there are any other suggestions, tricks or "secret handshakes" to get this to work.

I do notice improved performance, but not the tire-smokin', eyeball poppin' stuff that others here claim.

-bob

[ 06-23-2002: Message edited by: HawgGuy ]</p>

mtomac
06-22-2002, 21:40
I've got the same version 3.5c
If I want to change a setting on the Juice box I have to program it to level 0 (R) first then program the new level in. The level confirmation works great too. The truck was fast in stock form, now it's really fast. Mashing the pedal taking off won't spin 'em in 1st, but it does when it hits 2nd & 3rd

Brandenburg
06-23-2002, 11:03
I've noticed the same thing with version 3.2. I've found that if I do the program for normal mode and then start up and confirm, it won't confirm the new level until I first do a confirm in tow haul and then again in normal at which point it is correct. So it appears to me that the new level is set but you have to cycle through the tow/haul a couple of times to make it confirm the new level.

ford2chevy
06-24-2002, 08:43
What kind of confirmation are you guys getting? I have version 3.0 and was wondering the differences.

Kennedy
06-24-2002, 09:05
What I do:

Key on, engine off, wait for battery light to go off, then on.

Move selector to position that corresponds to the desired level.

Depress accelerator pedal per instructions. Make sure there are no floor mats underneath, and press firmly and completely to the floor.

Return selector to Park and start vehicle.

It seems that INITIALLY the boxes can give some problems programming, but generally, they get better. They can also stick in "infinity" mode when trying program confirmation until they actually take the program.

It also seems that the default may actually be OFF mode, but I have not yet confirmed this...

On the plus side, the fishbite SEEMS to be gone, but the way my rear shocks are, it can be tough to tell!

JEBar
06-25-2002, 03:42
ford2chevy... after shifting from P-R-N-R-P while at idle, 3.5 causes engine idle to surge 1, 2, 3 or 4 times .... supposed to tell you which power level setting your box is currently programmed to :cool:

ford2chevy
06-25-2002, 08:37
Is 3.5 the first version that does that? Can anyone explain the differences in the versions and if its worth reprogramming? I would like a confirmation besides the feel.

DMAXDiva
06-25-2002, 11:52
ford2chevy:

My 3.2 confirms the selected level, though many attempts are necessary, as others have stated. Those confirmation pulses are really cool though!

I too would be interested to know how the 3.5 performs vs. the 3.2. What exactly does the upgrade address? :confused:

ford2chevy
06-25-2002, 14:29
What about the 3.0?

DMAXDiva
06-27-2002, 14:17
Just got the 3.61c version today (my 3.2 was shipped out for update last week). Can't wait to see how she runs!