PDA

View Full Version : Edge "Attitude" instead of gauges???

wangotango
10-18-2003, 10:06
So for instance I am going to install an edge product on my rig: Normally I should install boost-egt-etc, to monitor the engine so that the altered states of the edge don't get away from me.

It looks like the info from the gauges that I would install are incorporated in the "attitude" monitor. Just install sending units at proper location and attach to "attitude" monitor/thing.

True?

tanx .. w/t

403turbo
10-18-2003, 16:25
Yep

attitude monitors all the parameters of a normal guage install and then some.

The only limitation is boost, it reads it off the can-bus and IRRC it only goes to 26 PSI.

Above and beyond a normal setup, attitude will display gear, % backdown due to EGT's, amount of tranny slip, and more. See the Edge website for all the details

wangotango
10-18-2003, 21:43
403turbo::
Would the boost not normally be read off can-bus or is the limitation due to amount it can read?

It seems I am not aware of standard boost numbers.

thanks -- w/t

Max Power
10-19-2003, 11:26
pneumatic tires (4), My truck is better then yours! It came with 5! pneumatic tires!

403turbo
10-19-2003, 11:58
W/T

Yeah, the attitude has a stand alone EGT probe, because the trucks computer doesn't track EGT. But I believe that the truck can track it's own boost, therefor attitude uses that number for the display. The limit is that the trucks own sensor can only read up to 26 PSI.

If you were to install a guage package it would include a seperate probe EGT and Boost. Most guages can go 35+ PSI.

From what I have heard the waste gate on our turbo is set so that making more than 26 PSI is difficult.

wangotango
10-22-2003, 17:08
thanks for replies
appreciate the input

w/t