PDA

View Full Version : 1st Tow With The Juice...

AmericanThunder
06-23-2002, 22:39
Just returned from my first "test" of the Juice with a load. The load consisted of about 9K Lbs of trailer motorcycles and gear. I have to say once again that this is how GM should have built these things to begin with. In cruise control on the steepest grades (7%), cruise set on 70, the truck never dropped below 65 mph. Previously in climbing these same roads without the Juice my truck would drop down gears and be lucky to maintain 50mph. Fuel mileage remained about the same at 11.5 mpg however an interesting note that I made when I filled up before I left was that the mileage actually improved without a load. No codes set and no SES lights.

On the return trip I had a fellow Motorcycle shop in a PowerStroke pass me on the flat grinning from ear to ear but when we reached the grade the mighty DMax held its speed while he was slowing down....Needless to say I couldn't even see them in my rear view by the time I reached the summit. :D

I wouldn't trade the juice box for all the tea in china at this point....

GBurton
06-23-2002, 23:24
AmericanThunder

What setting were you towing in?

George

AmericanThunder
06-24-2002, 10:44
GBurton,

I tried level one on the way out and level two on the way back. Pulled nicer in two but level one was sufficient. Neither set codes and no noticeable difference in fuel economy.

On edit: I should also point out that I am running a 4" Turbo back exhaust.

[ 06-24-2002: Message edited by: AmericanThunder ]</p>