PDA

View Full Version : 485 RWHP--JUST SPOKE TO THEM

car of the week
09-25-2002, 16:40
I just got off the phone with Chris @ Diesel Innovations. This is a plug in module like the juice but has an on/off switch, no power levels. He said that Bully Dog will market it with no warranty except that it is in working condition when you recieve it. Cost? $1500. Along with that you need to mod the tranny with a new torque converter and another tranny mod, (he is going to call me back and give me the details). He said that it would still be streetable, but would not suggest driving it in the rain :D . The module will also eleminate "limp mode" in the tranny, eleminate the speed limiter and bump the rev limiter to ~3800. Diesel Innovations will also market it for Bully Dog. I asked if a group purchase could be arranged and his answer was yes. So, to my fellow diesel racers, if 485 rwhp interests you, maybe we can set something up.

Ryan

Kennedy
09-25-2002, 16:46
Sorry, but to me it sounds like a good way to break things. Guess I'll believe it when I see it :rolleyes:

After seeing them turn their backs and walk away from the Power Play module, I have my reservations...

[ 09-25-2002: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

mackin
09-25-2002, 16:58
JK,

Sounds like we are creeping up to that moment !!!!!!!! When will something break ??????? I think I'll stick with the incoming "FULL PULP JUICE "non concentrated,for know.......

MAC

Wanted one "TEST DUMMY" !!!!!!!! With a Duramax Allison for balls to the wall test and tune..... tongue.gif tongue.gif

mdrag
09-25-2002, 17:52
I like the idea of more power, but disabling the built in protection for the Allison does not appeal to me. That 485 RWHP may end up costing a tad more than $1.5K if you factor in the cost of a replacement Allison :eek:

There have been reports of Allison failures detailed on these forums - but I do not recall hearing of an Allison failure related to performance mods.

car of the week,

BTW, TDP management :( frowns on group purchases and does not allow them.

[ 09-25-2002: Message edited by: mdrag ]</p>

hoot
09-25-2002, 18:17
By the looks of "car of the week"'s signature, he already made a group purchase :D

car of the week
09-25-2002, 18:32
HOOT--

I will take that as a compliment ;) . i work for a Chevy dealership and buying and selling cars just gets in your blood, it is like an addiction. I hope i can keep my Duramax for longer than a year :eek:

getupingo
09-25-2002, 19:44
why are group purchases frowned upon and not allowed? I would really like to know a good reason for that, because it seems like a ludicrous rule or policy to me. :confused:

getupingo

mdrag
09-25-2002, 20:14
getupingo,

'Cause those are the "...ludicrous rule or policy..." you agreed to when you registered with TDP forums.

================================================== ================================================== =============

Please note that commercial exploitation, classified advertisements, group purchasing, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other solicitations are inappropriate on this Bulletin Board unless specifically approved in advance by TheDieselPage.com administrators.

================================================== ================================================== =============

If you would like to refresh your memory on the entire registration agreement:

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=agree

Log out and then cut/paste the above link (or choose the REGISTER link) if you would like to review the entire document. The registration agreement is very clear on the NOT ALLOWED policy for group purchases unless advanced approval is granted by an administrator - such as More Power.

mdrag

car of the week
09-25-2002, 20:28
Mdrag--

I'm sorry for mix up...forgot about that section, won't mention it again

Ryan

getupingo
09-25-2002, 20:35
You haven't answered my question yet. Why are group purchases frowned upon and not allowed? All I would like to know is WHY are they not allowed. I would like to stress that this question is only out of curiosity and I am by no means trying to start an arguement. I apologize if my question was somehow misinterpreted.

getupingo

mdrag
09-25-2002, 20:57
car of the week,

Not a problem, just a gentle reminder before things head in the wrong direction...

getupingo,

In MY opinion, GPs are a bad idea - too many opportunities for things to go sour, people loose money, products not delivered etc. Then the forum gets dragged into the mess - after all the forum 'allowed' or condoned the practice in the first place AND presented the medium for making it possible.

More work and aggravation for the forum operators... With the Monty Python logic in today's court rooms, sooner or later a frivolous, expensive lawsuit to defend. Again, this is MY personal belief, and may or may not be shared by anyone else on this site.

mdrag

mdrag
09-25-2002, 21:46
getupingo,

I see that I still did not answer your question - I was typing a response and did not see your latest post before I posted a reply.

An official 'why' would have to come from an administrator (More Power), if he feels compelled to explain. Moderators are not necessarily involved with making policy - our role is to enforce the membership agreement.

You have to remember that posting on TDP forums is not a free-for-all, anything goes, 2nd amendment constitutionally guaranteed RIGHT. It is a PRIVILEGE that comes with certain responsibilities i.e. you agree to follow the rules if you want to participate. Remember, we are all guests here.

BTW, when I was invited to become a moderator, I asked what my duties included. A fairly simple reply: Enforce the membership agreement.

mdrag

GMC D-Max
09-26-2002, 07:23
Uh, you meant FIRST amendment, right Mdrag?
I'd hate to see you have to resort to the SECOND amendment to enforce rules around here! :D
(I'm gonna slink out quietly, now...)

hoot
09-26-2002, 07:48
cotw,

Yes it was just a funny observance of your signature.

I believe group purchases aren't allowed for obvious reasons. It goes against the advertising base, hence income of the site. GP's typically are arranged to undercut vendors prices.

The site needs income to survive and it needs to appease it's advertisers. Nothing wrong with that. Common sense.

If you notice it's very difficult to obtain peoples ' e-mail addresses if they don't put it in their signature. Also the private messaging is disabled. Get the hint?

mdrag
09-26-2002, 08:32
GMC Dmax,

Thanks for pointing that out... :eek: #1 was indeed what I was thinkin... Must have been one of those Freud thingys...

mdrag

getupingo
09-26-2002, 14:30
Hey More Power,

Have you ever thought about how in the world you would enforce that rule?

getupingo

Joe.G
09-26-2002, 17:43
Before you get too deep into this, a brand new Allison transmission costs (and this is cost) $4000+, how deep are your pockets?

More Power
09-26-2002, 19:08
Why no GP's?

They help a few and hurt all the rest.

MP

MadDuraMax
09-26-2002, 19:16
Ryan,

Couple of problems here: 1) I've read somewhere in this forum about Bully Dog not supporting a previous product they've offered (help guys) 2) No warrantee other that it works when you get it?

I would be VERY careful.

Alli-max
09-26-2002, 20:29
NO WARRANTY?!?!?!?! What the h@ll is that about???

Sounds like to me you need to stay away. I have a group purchase for you guys if you want in. I normally sell a brown FR Cotton jacket to distributors for $15.60 each, small - XL. I will sell it to you guys for $15.60. Who wants in?? :D :D

mdrag
09-26-2002, 21:10
Alli-max,

My advice: Do not, under any circumstances, quit your day job. You will not make it in the entertainment industry ;) smile.gif

Many that know you will realize your post was supposed to be humorous, others that don't know you may think you were serious despite the two smiley faces...and we certainly don't want any one searching back for that embarassing post from earlier this year...

Just in case you scrolled to the bottom of the topic, I might suggest reading the entire thread to gleam the entire contents of this topic. :eek:

mdrag

SoCalDMAX
09-26-2002, 22:32
About the Bully Dog warranty issue: I wrote to them about it and it's not that they won't honor the warranty. They stopped listing and selling the Max Power Plug some time ago. They are honoring the warranty on the Max Power Plug for 1 yr. So 1 yr after they stopped selling them, no longer any units in warranty.

I do remember Alli-max asking someone to marry him, if memory serves... thank goodness the other party is happily married. ;)

Regards, Steve

Joe.G
09-27-2002, 17:52
Oh, I'm sorry, I just noticed that Mdrag is an Okie, that's why everybody is taking offense to the rules. Longhorns this year!