PDA

View Full Version : Brought my Baby Home!!!!

D-n-Tyke
06-24-2002, 08:54
Well finally happened. Got to go and pick up my baby Friday night. 2002 Chevy CC LB D/A 4X4 Indigo Blue. Could not get the evil little grin off my face if you tried.

Couple of first impressions:
1. Who said these things ride like a truck. This truck is as smooth as silk going down the road. Go on the freeway on the way home from picking her up and was just "puting" along, looked down at the speedo and @*#$ 85mph. I though I was only doing like 55-60....

2. This brings up point 2. I am trying to do everything I can to break in this motor properly and get the high mileage option. It is said not to go over 55mph for the first 1000 miles. How the hell are you suppose to do that?!?!? The truck won't even slow down to that speed. Also you are suppose to vary the rpm's. How much is "vary"?? 100 rpm's, 500 rpm's how much?

3. Is it just me or does EVERYONE you pass have to gawk at you as you go by? Not that I mind that all that much.. :cool:

And finally. Maintenance? I know that you are suppose to change the rear end fluid at the 500 mile mark but what are you suppose to change it to? Is it to early to switch to synthetic? What else needs to be done and when.

Thanks to you all and Happy truckin...