PDA

View Full Version : Hi,new here

Frank S
09-25-2002, 21:58
Just wanted to step in and say hello to everyone.

I bought a 2002 2500 D/A over the weekend and was looking for a place to find out some good info and was informed that this was the place to be.

Looks great from what I have seen so far and there are some awesome trucks floating around in here.

Pardon me in advanve if I ask a few dumb questions but although I've been around diesel engines for about 10 years I am new to actually owning one.I will read more than post though to gain info.

Here are a few pics of the new truck

http://fms13spage.homestead.com/newhdpics.html

Vette Racer
09-25-2002, 22:37
Hey, welcome to the board. You will find more info here than you wanted or wished for. Some of it is biased and some of it is real. That's for you to figure out. I must say that I believe you have made a very wise decision and will be very happy in the years to come. What a ride!

SoCalDMAX
09-26-2002, 00:21
Welcome Frank! Congrats on the new truck, hope you get many many years and miles of enjoyment out of it!

Warning: the warranty will NOT cover plastic surgery to remove the smile from your face. You must remember to stop smiling when exiting the truck or it will freeze like that. Really. That's what Alli-max told me. ;)

Lots of great info here, ask away!

Regards, Steve

stretch
09-26-2002, 03:40
Welcome aboard !!! Nice looking truck you have there. No need to excuse your self for dumb questions (just don't ask if seat position affects performance, that one is covered already ;) )

Good Luck with your new ride and have fun reading this site, its a wealth of info !! :cool:

JEBar
09-26-2002, 03:58
welcome aboard Frank ..... hope you come to enjoy this site as much as we do .... hope you enjoy your truck even more !!! .... jump in any time, you'll find some of the best people around lurk in these parts .... Jim

GMC D-Max
09-26-2002, 07:27
Welcome aboard, Frank! Hope you've had your shots, been vaccinated and all that, cause you're gonna get bitten by the bug pretty soon. The horsepower bug, that is!
(Along with all the helpful info, there's alot of friendly competition goin' on here, too!)

Congrats on your new purchase! You're gonna love it!

SoCalDMAX
09-26-2002, 11:12
"Welcome aboard !!! Nice looking truck you have there. No need to excuse your self for dumb questions (just don't ask if seat position affects performance, that one is covered already)"

Ouch, Stretch! You're scaring people off!! LOL :D :D

Regards, Steve

Frank S
09-26-2002, 14:14
Heh,no that isn't scaring me because I saw that thread a few days ago before I registered.

I'm not going to say that I actually laughed at it but I did have a large smile while reading it and was already quite sure I knew better than that.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

GMC-2002-Dmax
09-26-2002, 14:54
Frank,

Like the truck :D

I must say your choice of color is by far the best one out there IMHO!!! ;)

I think us RED truck guys are gaining on those guys and gals with the BLACK trucks. ( MACKIN & DIVA ) ;)

First order of business, your truck is underpowered already, get out your credit card, the one the wife doesn't see the statement for, call a friend with a garage and order these item,

Gauges - pyro and boost ( for the "JUICE" )
"Juice" - why you needed the gauges in the first place!!! :eek:
New tires - stockers are not big enough.
Air Filter - not good enough, turbo whistle is too quiet.

If you need any help deciding what you need, we will all guilt you into it here,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM ;)

GMC :D

SoCalDMAX
09-26-2002, 15:31
GMC-2002-Dmax,

Man, talk about a bad influence! Trying to get the poor guy in the doghouse already...

I will concede that he has one great looking truck. I normally quote the old adage that red vehicles get the highest percentage of tickets (old wives tale?) but Mac has singlehandedly put black solidly in the forefront. ;)

Regards, Steve

GMC D-Max
09-26-2002, 15:47
Hey, GMC-2002-Dmax, you forgot about me!

BLACK TRUCKS RULE!!!

(especially the GMC's :D )

GMC-2002-Dmax
09-26-2002, 15:49
SoCalDMAX,

;)

GMC D-Max

:eek: :eek: :eek: Sorry, like your name though!!!!

[ 09-26-2002: Message edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax ]</p>

sonofagun
09-26-2002, 16:23
Frank,

Welcome to the world of DMAX YOU GONA LOVE IT!

This is a great forum and there are no dumb questions. Use the search feature to get smarter quicker, it will give you answers to questions you haven't thought of yet.

Enjoy,
Bob

Toddster
09-26-2002, 17:03
Yeh, me too ! Black rules !! Welcome Frank.

DMAXDiva
09-26-2002, 18:57
Hi Frank...

Welcome! Great truck you have, even if it IS red...(just kiddin'). Be careful, after all, red is a proven cop magnet (especially if you opt for the Juice...highly recommended indeed!)

Enjoy!

Albee
09-26-2002, 19:39
Frank S. You definitely picked the best color!! Nice ride. Welcome!

mackey_62
09-27-2002, 06:07
Red????

You know what they say: "once you go black you never..........." Just kidding :D

SoCalDMAX
09-27-2002, 10:28
Mackey_62,

I'll finish that for you.

"You know what they say: "once you go black you never........... get a chance to drive it, you spend all your time washing and waxing it."

Bwhahahaha... but they do look good when they're clean. :D

Regards, Steve

mackey_62
09-27-2002, 11:51
SoCal,
Very true brotha, both counts :D

Actually mine has been pretty dirty lately, no time working at work and house remodeling, picking up materials, plaster&lath trips to dump etc... Got my summer work pretty much done now.
Back to giving my black beauty the attention it deserves :D

Frank S
09-27-2002, 14:20
That's not entirely true mackey.

We traded a black Tahoe in on the truck. :D

To be honest,red wasn't really my first choice in color but it is nice and growing on me more every day.

Once again,thanks for the welcome and I appreciate the performance suggestions that you guys have given.

INDI-GO
09-27-2002, 18:24
Watch it Frank.

These guys just like helping other people spend their money.

Resist! Resist! or your wife will beat you severly about the head and shoulders. :rolleyes: