PDA

View Full Version : Wilky come back! We're sorry!

SoCalDMAX
09-26-2002, 00:50
Wilky,

Nobody meant any harm. We're just a little goofy. :D OK Mackin's a lot, but we're used to it...

Serious answer: There is no ECM or TCM under the seat. They're located under the hood on the driver's side, ECM is by the radiator, TCM is by the battery.

None of us could come up with a plausible answer as to why seat position would make any difference, so we theorized (OK, I figured) maybe he couldn't push the pedal all the way if he's too far back.

The only way to get it fixed is to take it to the dealer and have them duplicate it and figure it out.

Don' go to the Ford site, they'll probably make wisecracks about it being doggy all the time, etc., and most Dmax owners are over here.

Hope this helped! Steve

stretch
09-26-2002, 03:33
I know the only stupid question is the one that is not asked, but the seat position to engine performance sure does come very close to being a stupid question. I read that thread and I thought it was either a joke or Wilky's farmer friend was taking him for a ride to see how far he was willing to humiliate himself. I almost felt sorry for ole Wilky untill I read his final post on the thread. All I have to say now is GOOD BYE, GOOD LUCK, Hope you find a good doctor. ADIOS !!! tongue.gif

sdaver
09-26-2002, 07:04
you guys stay up way to late for me.......i get up every day at 4:40 central time.........wilky check the floor mat.........dave

hoot
09-26-2002, 08:02
"Now I know why I drive Fords, It's not the Truck. It is the pricks you have to deal with. Duramax sucks and will always be junk. &*%* all of you." :D :D :D

24 responses and he comes back with this. I can't wait to see the response he gets on the Ford forum :eek:

deerhunter7
09-26-2002, 08:34
I'm just amazed . Their on every board.. :eek:

mackin
09-26-2002, 09:56
Socal,

Your such a POLITICIAN !!!!!!!! tongue.gif

Dude he dis'd us !!!!!!!!!

MAC :D

MadDuraMax
09-26-2002, 18:22
Wow,

This is the second "thin skinned" incident in the past week! :D

Seriously Wilky, we all just like to blow off some steam when we're not in our Duramax's. Read your original post again, see if you can tell why we found some humor in it?

...then there's that guy who ArmorAll'd his tires.... :eek:

Mark

mdrag
09-26-2002, 19:05
I recall reading the #1 reason for throttle pedal complaints is interference with carpeting, floor mats, etc.

QUOTE:
================================================== ======

ChevysRus,
"...This would be similar to an astronaut riding at the end of a centerfuge (maximum G forces). If you move the astronaut back towards the middle of the centerfuge the speed is the same, but the G forces are reduced..."

There's a minor flaw in your theory - in your astronaut example, the rotational velocity (RPM) remains the same, but the linear velocity DECREASES

Wilky,

If your friend is serious, I would check for throttle pedal interference such as from the carpeting or floor mats. If he's not serious - GOTCHA!!!

================================================== ======

That's what I'd check first if I had a problem. Wlkie gave no indication of what had been checked for a vague and unusual compalint... 'doggie'...

I've learned (most of the time) not to ASSUME much of anything. Someone on this forum posted a problem with the high idle not working after his wife had driven the truck for a few days...Now that I think about it, someone owes me a cold one for suggesting to check if the cruise control switch was ON...and THAT was the problem.

ChevysRus,

BTW, the rotational (angular) velocity/linear velocity thing explains the astronaut's decrease in G-force that you used in your example and is not BS :D I know there is at least 1 physics wiz on this board (remember the HP vs Torque classes?) who could 'xplain it mo' better.

Nut,

DO DO... :D :D :D

GMC-2002-Dmax
09-26-2002, 19:09
I was gonna post something but mdrag closed the thread :(

I don't even want to know if he was serious or not, but maybe we could find where he went with his post and ask him to come back.

I think maybe the flux capacitor needed to get to 88 miles an hour before he would really feel it. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh well,

GMC ;)

NutNbutGMC
09-26-2002, 20:47
^...Wilky, welcome back, but I still ain't buying the seat thAng... D@mmit Boy :D

Plasticfantastic
09-27-2002, 07:27
That was me with the high idle goof-up, MD.
Don't mind admitting overlooking the obvious :D , wish that was the worst dumba$$ thing I ever missed/did ...
A tall cold one for you anytime you're in these parts !

ChevysRus
09-27-2002, 10:51
WOW! been gone for a week or so back on the Eastern Seaboard (workin & Playin) and just saw the reply from Wilkey..........

Jez some people just don't know how to have fun!!!

Life is complicated enough and all the recent events with 911 and Iraq and who knows what else is headed our way........gotta find some escape from reality even if just for a little while. That's why I love this board.....We can crank it up and forget about all that other stuff for an hour or so and just enjoy each other's comments and laugh until you cry (from the sheer humor)at some of the stuff you guys come up with. I still remember most of the "classics" and I fall down and roll under my desk at work laughing so hard my co-workers run in to see if I am OK!!

The string about guys farting on their new $40K leather seats was the best so far.....

Anyway, I forgot my point, but basically I and hopefully most of you are here to have a little fun and learn a little bit about these new trucks and to above all help out where we can. The subject that Wilkey brought to the table is so far out in left field it begs for the responses it received and even then there were those who actually tried to find an explanation and help out. To those who seriously tried to help him out I salute you for the effort. The rest of us saw an opportunity to have some fun and we did as always. Unfortunately, the humor part was lost on Wilkey and he was offended or maybe he was looking for this kind of response so he could have the excuse to say what he wanted to say from day one. It makes no difference one way or the other. He brought the subject up, some tried to explain it, others had some fun with it, he can stay or go, it's his choice and we all move on.

As for the scientific explanations, I have learned never to discuss drag co-efficients with a guy by the name of MDRAG!!! ha ha ha LOL

New Subject: Does your truck feel "doggie" with the ashtray in or out???? ha ha ha

SoCalDMAX
09-27-2002, 11:00
ChevysRus,

I agree 150% Remember Alli-max's marriage proposal? I'm still searching for the "Propane" song sung to the tune of "Cocaine". Someone asked for the link and I can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'll have to try the ashtray thing, I'm running out of money to bomb the truck... ;)

Regards, Steve

mdrag
09-27-2002, 16:07
SoCalDMAX,

IIRC, the propane version of Clapton's song was showcased just prior to the 2001 Rendezvous, and was likely in that forum...but that forum is not listed in the SEARCH or FORUM lists :(

mdrag