PDA

View Full Version : bobbie martin help me

lupey6.5
03-22-2004, 19:12
how are you set up electronics wise to run mechanical injection w/4l80e? i can't get any strait answers and i just saw that you have a burb '95 which is closely related to my blazer. i have a fresh 4911 ready to go. how is it done? please post

Bobbie Martin
03-23-2004, 05:06
Its almost impossible to find accurate conversion info. I tried all kinds of throttle pedal mods retaining the APP, but was never satisfied with the shifting. In the end, I did it quite differently than you have see other trucks here on the Diesel Page. I'm writing an article that will be ready very soon. If you can't wait, email me and I can fill you in. I can tell you its compatible with 4WD, but requires some additional work. There is more to it than just swapping the pumps, but if you have basic mechanical skills & tools, you should have no problems. But once its done, it works great. Driveability is basically the same as before. My wife drives it to work every day and if there were any problems, I would hear about it! Her biggest complaint is the noise it makes at cold start - its very loud when its cold, but quiets down as soon as it warms up. With the DB2, the cold start (timing advance) is on or off, I think the DS4 can adjust timing, fuel, etc. with the temperature. So you put up with a couple minutes of noise, but it sure is nice knowing the PMD won't leave you stranded.

AndyL
03-24-2004, 06:01
I am also very interested in this article. Any reason it wouldn't work on my 99?

Bobbie Martin
03-24-2004, 15:06
No reason I know of, although I have not tried it on an OBD II truck. It does require some modifications to the wiring harness, so an OBD II truck will be different to my OBD I Suburban. I would welcome the opportunity to help someone convert an OBD II truck, so contact me when you are ready!

lupey6.5
03-24-2004, 16:40
bobbie--
if you could e-mail me that would be great. i would e-mail you directly but i think my computer may have been sleeping around. you may not want what she's got. i would like to do it pretty soon.
thanks lupey65@comcast.net