PDA

View Full Version : D-Max Smoking

Pointer
09-26-2002, 11:05
I remember when these trucks first came out and everyone was impressed how little they smoked. Now it seems that there are many who think more smoke is cool. That wouldn't describe me. My truck with 48k miles has gradually gotten worse. On every moderate excel I belch a pretty good cloud. Anyone else notice this or is this normal?

Lawnboy
09-26-2002, 11:33
Particulate build-up? Gotta blow the cobwebs out more often!!!

Amianthus
09-26-2002, 12:24
Smoke being a sign of incomplete combustion, I would guess that you may have an injector that is dribbling fuel in the engine. I am assuming that it is black smoke? If it's another color, you may have other problems (head gasket, oil leak, etc.). Just a guess.

Maverick
09-26-2002, 18:51
Well I have had both problems (heads and injector) so I can tell you at least on my truck if it looks blueish white its an injector going bad or already is. They pulled all the glow plugs and found the #1 cylinder glow plug was wet with fuel. My truck never really had a misfire because of it. Just smoke. Never really had any exhaust difference when my head gasket leaks occured. Just the low coolant light.

[ 09-26-2002: Message edited by: Maverick ]</p>

MudNurI
09-29-2002, 05:57
Last night, I had the PSD on my tail coming home from Boston- ended up getting a red light and an intersection- when the light turned green- STOMPED it, blew the pertiest could of smoke I'd ever seen. Being night, I couldn't see what color it was- only that it had smoked. then again- maybe it wasn't mine that was smoking, we know he had to really keep after his to stay in line with me.

I haven't seen mine smoke- unless its getting on the highway- when merging means GO....and only occasionally. Not sure what color it is...I only notice it at night when someones lights are behind me.

Brandy