PDA

View Full Version : Does GM make Idel Controler OEM

smartfix
07-22-2003, 19:19
Hello all

Was at our GM Dealer and it was Hell. All i want is a OEM Engine Idel Controler like the power strokes have.. Dealer told me Quote They do not make one..

Then he hands my this sheet i have here if i add a after market one They Will Vold My 5year/10000

I dont get this .. I need to keep idel up at times..
2 Dealers dont have a CLue.. What do i do.. Like a OEM unit.. Is there a part number..

From steve

[ 07-22-2003, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: smartfix ]

chevmeister
07-22-2003, 20:10
if your talking about a high idle that can, and has been done, and shoudnt effect your waranty at all. there are good instructions with pics at kennedydiesel.com

sdaver
07-22-2003, 20:18
see kennedys site under dmax tech tips works with factory ecm and cruise control..parts less than $10

http://www.kennedydiesel.com

:D dave

ok you :D beat me this time

chevmeister
07-22-2003, 20:27
ok dave I gotta ask how many ricers do you have to feed that thing a day to keep it from attacking. Ever take it down the 1/4 mile? time?

dmaxalliTech
07-22-2003, 21:14
I dont recall Kennedys instructions exactly and it may tell you this but I am thinking of it. Its not necc to install a defeat switch, simply use the hot wire on your brake switch. Its a green wire located at the end of the connector, You will see it once you get your head under there. Its only hot in park and nuetral and not hot in gear or with foot on brake. its a completely invisible install if you take you time.

as JK always says... outa sight. outa mind

As far as warrenty concerns go.. NONE. its already on your truck, you just have to wire it. You cant void warr by using oem equipment! dealer needs to be educated

bigsky1
07-23-2003, 06:02
Dmaxallitech,
What about us with the manual trans ? How can we set up the high idle on our trucks? Thanks and I know that a lot of us really appreciate all the help you and others give us!!!!!!!!