PDA

View Full Version : fuel filer on 2003 Q and oem parts

smartfix
07-22-2003, 19:25
Hello all

We just got a new 2003.. Trying to stock parts for our truck

1 When you change the fuel filter is it the hole can
our the Element.. If its just the Element do they make a hole unit just pull off and screw new one on

2 Where can i by OEM air filters and parts for our rigs

From steve

[ 07-22-2003, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: smartfix ]

mackin
07-22-2003, 19:56
The entire "Metal Case " is replaced like an oil filter ..... You retain the water (float) sensor to screw into new filter element .... New O rings are also supplied ..... There will be a wire connection (water in fuel indicator) that will have to be disconnected ....

Don't forget the Allison spin on at 5k (first change at 5k only) ....Retain ring washer style magnet from old element,wipe clean reuse on new element .....

(see SIG for pictures)

There is a whole lotta places to get air,oil,fuel filters ....
Shop around on the Internet and there are vendors here that can assist ..... Chose is yours .....

Good luck, enjoy the ride .....

Mac ;)

56Nomad
07-22-2003, 21:12
smartfix,

Don't forget to consider adding a primary or secondary fuel filter to your rig!

dmaxalliTech
07-22-2003, 21:21
dont worry about filters until you have added some black boxes, gauges, bigger tires, bigger exhaust and maybe some propane or sumthin. Then your gonna need to upgrade the tranny to hold it then your gonna add more power cause your tranny will hold it, then......well, I guess then your gonna buy filters etc..

FlBob
07-23-2003, 04:36
Just got my new 2003 Chev Duramax Allison this week as well. This message board is really great. I hope to learn a lot. I"ll try not to ask to many stupid questions.

This is my first Diesel.

Bob

a64pilot
07-23-2003, 06:40
Bob,
I've heard that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask ;)