PDA

View Full Version : buying tomorrow

Tim Richardson
07-22-2003, 21:39
Well, I am about to take the plunge tomorrow and buy my truck. (2003 Carmine red LT 2wd duramax). I was real happy with the salesperson (500 over invoice, no pressure sales...) That is real happy up until the point he tried to tell me about the platinum tipped spark plugs that come standard with my vehicle. So at that point I stop asking any diesel related questions that I might have. My question to everyone here, is should I go ahead with the deal (since it is a good price, especially with the rebates), or should the fact that the salesman is totally clueless make me go elsewhere.

Thanks

Tim

dmaxalliTech
07-22-2003, 21:48
salesman sell, dont worry him, find the best deal. Its the service dept you wanna make sure dont sell you the benifits of Plat plugs. :rolleyes:

LA DMAX
07-22-2003, 22:05
Tim,
I agree with dmaxalliTech, don't let the sales people scare you. They didn't build it and they won't be fixin it when you need service. The sales person may have been selling VW's just a few months ago so don't worry. You're getting a pretty good deal. Good luck.

LA DMAX

afp
07-22-2003, 22:07
Just make sure it is really a Dmax and not an 8.1..............

Blaine

tophog
07-22-2003, 22:21
You won't sleep tonight. Let me know once you have the truck, I want to buy those spark plugs off you. smile.gif

Gbenzx01
07-22-2003, 22:28
Tim,
I must agree with AlliTech, this guy is probly out somewhere in lala land. And when dealing with these types best to get a copy of everything with every blank filled in before signing. I would probly ask to speak to the sales Mgr & verify the kind of deal I am to get before going into closing sinse he is the guy thats actually making this deal for you.
If you want to have a little fun with it ask for your free set of Platinum plugs as soon as you finish the closing. You must be firm with this & insist this was certainly part of your promised deal. You will gain some instant respect & you may need this later on as you'll be coming back for service later. Congrats you will love the Dmax.

Thanx, Gben

imported_
07-23-2003, 06:47
I got mine for $500 under invoice. Go back & insist for a better deal Tim, they will do it. Most dealers are selling for invoice now....

BlueOx03
07-23-2003, 08:00
Sad as it may be, most of the folks selling these trucks out there have very little knowledge about them. Very few people order truck and car anymore. I think the majority buys on looks and not much else. I don't think that's the case with people here, but diesel truck buyers are a small corner of the market. Most guys don't get talked into a diesel; they want one and buy one. This is where it falls on us to be well-educated consumers to keep from getting snowed. When you know more than the dealer, you have the advantage and it can pay off come time to pay.
Congrats on the new truck!

TJ

sonofagun
07-23-2003, 08:07
Tim,

You should be able to squeeze them down a bit more but get it done before the end of the month.

Ask to speak to the Service manager and ask him about your truck and the service it will receive from them. He's the guy that will matter to you going forward.

For the price of these trucks a few hundred dollars up or down shouldn't keep you from owning one.

Good luck,
Bob

POS
07-23-2003, 18:41
fishingn,

Who around here sold under invoice? With the $5500 in rebates/credits now being offered by Chevy, I'm thinking of buying a DuraMax. Would love to know what dealer you used. Thanks.

Texas Red Wagon
07-23-2003, 19:05
Pos
Stay away from B Heard and Landshark. I have never
had warm fuzzy feeling from them.
Unless you know somebody.

Scott

imported_
07-23-2003, 19:33
POS

I got mine from the GMC dealer in Dickinson,Tx. Went thru the internet sales department, didnt want to mess with the games those salesman play...It was a very hassle free experience...If you want shoot me an email at fishingn@earthlink dot net.

conradv
07-23-2003, 19:39
*&%*&#@&*%!!!

I forgot to ask for my plugs, even though they're on my window sticker!!!

shoot!

All kidding aside, I was on this board a full year before I bought, and when I did buy, I got exactly what I wanted for exactly the price I was going to pay. Any dealer (a good one anyway) will match any price any other dealer will do, they just don't like to do it...

My dealer knew more than a little (I went to school with his wife) about the truck, and I knew the guys in the service dept, so that helped.... lol

Tim Richardson
07-24-2003, 08:16
Well I took the plunge yesterday. I got the truck I talked about at the first of this post. And I just thought I had questions before. :D

Thanks for all of the information from here, and thanks in advance for all of the questions I am going to have. smile.gif

Tim

imported_
07-24-2003, 08:32
Tim

Congrats on the new truck.. You'll love it.

sonofagun
07-24-2003, 11:26
Tim,

Good on ya!! Enjoy the ride.

Bob

Gbenzx01
07-24-2003, 14:31
Congrats too for conradv,
You'll soon love driving the Dmax & guess who else will soon love driving the Dmax?
I put mine off as long as I could before I let her behind the wheel & now, You're not using the truck are you? Even if I left it running with all ny stuff in the front seats....You're not using the truck! And I love da long beds, little hardheaded abt honda parking spots but just like a Cadallic everywhere else.
Now I can't believe this in Idahoo but I would take that sticker & go straight to the parts counter & say, I'm here to get MY SPARK PLUGS!

Tim,
Wheres the plugs son? Know how much these suckers are? :rolleyes: Yea I know, kina hard to remember every bean when theyre already counted.
Enjoy Gents, & they will write tickets when they finally get a Dmax stopped......

Joy, Gben