PDA

View Full Version : Predator 1.10b Issues with CA Emissions PROBLEMS

mdadgar
10-22-2003, 15:07
Argh. My new Predator is throwing codes (P0236 Boost Sensor A) in both 40HP and 65HP modes (haven't tried anything higher). Threw its first code in less than 1/4 mile.

Johan at Diablosport sez "Yeah, we know. But we're in Florida and don't have a CA Emissions truck to play with. Not what you wanted to hear, I'm sure."

Ya think MAYBE that Diablosport could have told people that the Predator is Not Ready For Prime Time, particularly for CA trucks?

(let's face it, fully-debugged products do not require as many software updates as the Predator has gotten, unless they're from Microsoft, in which case "fully debugged" means something entirely different)

My retailer has offered me a full refund on the Predator but I figure Diablosport will eventually solve this stuff. It's just frustrating at the moment, particularly since I'm not really a power junkie (on the tow vehicle, anyway) and just want a box that can reprogram the speedo for bigger tires, add a bit of power so the tranny doesn't hunt while towing, and THAT WORKS AS PROMISED.

And yeah, I offered my truck for testing if Diablosport wants to fly someone out (which they really should, if they can't get a truck there).

Argh.

- Mark, grumpy

tcelano1
10-22-2003, 16:36
Not to rub salt in wounds or anything, but I'm running the Hypertech on 77 hp mode, with flawless performance. Granted, I don't have a CA truck, but Hypertech seems to always have taken their time, and really had their *(#@ together when they put out a product. Not only did I get a remarkable increase in outright power, but the truck responds at partial throttle much quicker, which less turbo lag. I have the ZF 6speed, and I went from 18/20 mpg to 20/22 mpg with the Hypertech. Can't say enough good things about it!

jesshd
10-22-2003, 17:03
I have a version 1.08 Predator running on a 03 3500 Dmax. Have tried the 40 hp, 65 hp and 120 hp tunes. No codes at all.

Jess

DMAX Daddy
10-22-2003, 19:50
Im waiting 1.10 to be returned to see if they did fix it.

Victory Red, check to make sure it didnt store codes without setting the SES light. After a bit my SES light didnt come on but it kept setting codes.

mdadgar
10-22-2003, 22:11
According to Diablosport, the issue I'm having is specific to CA Emissions trucks.

And before you non-Californians get all gloaty, EGR and cats are coming your way in the near future, too. smile.gif

- Mark

BassinRVer
10-23-2003, 02:38
That is why I'll kept my 02, they can't go back and but it on. So I am not waiting, just injoying.

gassedracing
10-23-2003, 05:16
I have an '04 CA truck and v1.07/8 was throwing the codes. I spoke with James @ runnin and then with Johan and they gave me 2 custom tunes to test out( 65hp and 85hp) neither if these throws the codes on mine anymore. I anticipate these will be the standard tune for v1.11...

Greg