PDA

View Full Version : New D-max on my block...

chicoc48
06-25-2002, 19:18
Hey all-- just had to share my excitement with everyone here. Brought home a new 02 GMC 2500 HD D/A last weekend!! Got a decent trade-in on my old truck, and ended driving the new one off the lot the very same day!! The only thing I can say I wish it had is the cab lights... Quite a different feel from my 99 1500! Can't wait to get a few more rounds on her and get the factory oil out and hook something on her bumper. The acceleration, stock even is amazing to me! (and to my dad who is used to his 96 D**e CTD tongue.gif ) I'll be hanging around, asking questions over the next few months I'm sure. Just want to thank everyone for sharing all the stuff you experience with your trucks and all the things that work or don't. I appreciate it a lot!

New D-Max owner...
:D CHICO :D

tmg115
06-25-2002, 19:35
hey congradulations on the new baby :D what part of chicago are you from?

MaxRock
06-25-2002, 19:35
chicoc48,

Let me be the first to welcome you to the site smile.gif ! I hope you find this forum as interesting and as informative as I do.

Congratulations on your selection of trucks (I won't hold it against you that you bought a GMC) tongue.gif ! I do agree with your accessment on the cab lights...you should've got them!

Enjoy the new ride!!!

MaxRock

SoCalDMAX
06-25-2002, 22:00
Welcome to the forum!!

Browse around, lots of great info. There's a link to a good article on breaking in a diesel engine and plenty of sources for stocking up on filters (air, oil and tranny) plus all of the fluids.

All of my buying decisions were influenced by research shared by all of the members here, and I'm very grateful for it.

Hope you continue to enjoy the forum and get all of your questions answered! :D

Almost forgot!! If the wife tries to tell you you're wacked, reassure her that all of us tried to sleep in our new trucks for the first week or so...

Regards, Steve

[ 06-25-2002: Message edited by: SoCalDMAX ]</p>

txguppy
06-25-2002, 22:10
Bienvenidos Chico,

Plan on spending too much time and money fixin' up your baby, but don't be afraid to let her scream every once and awhile. You'll love her sound. :D :D First things first, get you a Fumoto valve for the oil pan. It'll save lots of clean-up, check the other threads for ordering.

Hasta,
txguppy