PDA

View Full Version : Engine code?

Murray the Cop
10-23-2003, 12:06
I recently replaced a Quad tuner with a Juice and attitude. Everything was great,then went out this morning,started the truck and there it was.P0540 code "Intake air heater "a" circuit". Anybody else see this code? I called edge and they hadn't heard of this code coming up.Any ideas. Thanks

tpitt
10-23-2003, 20:14
Murray the cop,
I have a customer with a 2004 and he has the same code, plus a bunch of others relating to the glow plug circuits. I'm going to be calling Edge tomorrow about some other issues with a Ford evolution box and will talk to them about this. I thought it was something wrong with the truck. Is your a Ca. emissions? Also most of the Edge boxes I install will get a P0236 code. I thought this problem was only related to the 2001, and early 2002 models. I'll try to keep you posted as to what I find out. tpitt

ratlover
10-24-2003, 04:43
I threw one of those(po540) and am running regular juice. Aaron says he dosnt believe its juice related unless the pins are getting fubar. Check if they are all as they should be.

I am taking it to the dealer monday to have em fix it. I havent noticed any problems beside the little ses light.

jesshd
10-24-2003, 06:05
Simple test. If it is the Juice, the codes should go away after to take it off.

Jess

ratlover
10-24-2003, 06:56
Been unjuiced for a week :( and the SES light is still lit up. Boy is my truck a dog :( 300hp and 520# is nothing when you are used to the juice ;)

Murray the Cop
10-24-2003, 07:13
The truck is not a CA truck and no other codes but my code reader shows two codes both P0540 and after erasing the codes and running into work, the codes came back (when I started the truck to come home).It doesn't code when I am running only on the restart. I am going to remove the box and try again tonight. I will let you know. I have another question about the attitude slip percentages and the lock up. My tranny locks after the 4 to 5 shift only and the percentages of slip when NOT locked can go pretty high. When it's locked maybe .7 on hard accell. I really don't know what I am looking at so can anyone explain it to me? Thanks

Murray the Cop
10-26-2003, 04:54
First start up without the juice the truck coded but then I cleared the code and it has not returned. I'm gonna try connecting the juice today and see if the truck codes,just to make sure. If it does,its the juice.

Ratlover-- have the code erased ,if you can, and then see if the truck codes again. Let me know