PDA

View Full Version : The Juice almost killed me!!!

tmg115
06-26-2002, 17:29
well it rained here today in texas and i was out going somewere and i was just getting on a on ramp and i didn't give it much gas but the truck just lost it. i was fish tailing all over and i almost flipped her. but some how i maneged to get her back under control and go on my way. that scared the hell out of me.

mackin
06-26-2002, 18:03
Hey your truck is PUNCH drunk on the "JUICE" ,friggen wicked man ......... I scared the crap out of my wife first night out with mine in the rain, BIG DUALLY was floppen like a fish out of water .....

MAC :D

Turbo Al
06-26-2002, 18:20
Guys reach over and either push the 4x4 button or pull the little lever on the floor. ;) If you don't have either then you best go out and buy a truck with that option!

NutNbutGMC
06-26-2002, 18:22
^....LMFAO...PIMP... ROTFLMFAO.... Mack Daddy, you rock... :D D@mn it boy..... :D :D

TMG... Pucker factor, huh??? LMAO...... An asterisk on your seat cushion??? LOL... Dude??? Go easy on the tonic......

tmg115
06-26-2002, 18:29
i almost had to change my pants after that one.

GBurton
06-26-2002, 18:38
tmg115

As Turbo Al said go to 4 wheel drive or a better idea is to get a 4 inch length of a 4x4 (wood, not a truck) and stick it under the "go petal". :rolleyes:

If that does not work for you, open your hood, unplug the funny connectors that are connected to the device that almost killed you. Replace the factory connectors where they belong, put that "killer" box in a cardboard shipping box. When you have it ready to ship please let me know and I will arrange for a UPS pickup - to my house smile.gif

George

[ 06-26-2002: Message edited by: GBurton ]</p>

tmg115
06-26-2002, 18:48
HMMM you have a point. but lets me try it a little longer and maybe i will get used to having a Vette i mean a truck :D

Kennedy
06-26-2002, 19:21
This is why insurance (particularly product liability) is so expensive :rolleyes:

schnier
06-27-2002, 04:31
Duramaximizer does not do this unless you push over 50% of throttle to crank it up. Rain is a piece of cake.

Carli_max
06-27-2002, 05:32
I did the same thing last night with my truck, however I did it on purpose to tweek up the wife. You Texas folks should come up north in the winter and learn some correction techniques!!! :D Seriously, that's why I think the off setting should work. It's gonna take some getting use to this winter!!

tmg115
06-27-2002, 09:47
Hey Carli_max what kind of millage are you getting witht he Banks exhaust? did you notice a deference? and are you getting good millage with the banks and juice?

tmg115
07-01-2002, 21:02
I DID IT AGAIN!!! GRRRRR!!! i can believe it. i even did it worse this time. and i was thinking to my self don't go side ways again. don't do it. and well guess what happened, i did it.

Desert Diesel
07-01-2002, 21:32
Maybe you should turn the juice off when it rains :D

odoh
07-01-2002, 23:59
George ~ You be smooth but me thinks tmg115 seen thru it. ~ odoh

Carli_max
07-02-2002, 09:21
Tmg115,

Just after I installed the Banks, we took a trip to Myrtle Beach. Cruising at 75mph I averaged about 18.5 highway. I think our fuel still had winter mix in it. It's seems to be better now. I don't think you'll see a significant increase in mileage but the truck had way more throttle response, the turbo spools up quicker, and the egt's are lower. I think it would take a long time to recover the cost of the system in fuel savings!! Besides with the Juice & the Banks, my foot is in it alot more than it use to be! :D

zip
07-02-2002, 10:55
It sounds like there must be a "JUICE EXTRA" version on your truck.
zip :D

hoot
07-02-2002, 14:04
I also had a similar scare. I took my Wifes Full Size Blazer for a spin on a car trailor way back to give my truck some breakin pullin. Doing 70 or so, the trailer started swaying out of control. I mean so bad that all traffic disappeared and the reailer was taking all three lanes. Smoke was puffing out from under the tires as it changed direction.

Luckily I was able to slow enough to stop it before the tires blew. As soon as I got off my exit, one of the tires blew.

I dreamed that night of mangled up maroon steel shards hanging off the reciever of my truck and my wife asking, "Hon, what's that on the back of your truck .... :(

oneton
07-02-2002, 18:12
I saw a guy coming down a two lane road here in FL carring a Ditch-Witch backwards on the trailer. The trailer started to wiggle and he wouldn't slow down. He just kept coming. Finally he went off the road then yanked it back up only to get swung back the other way. The truck stayed vertical but the rest didn't. 5 seconds earlier I would have had a tractor and trailer in my front seat with me.