PDA

View Full Version : My numbers on towing with the Juice.

Maverick
06-26-2002, 22:35
All I can say is you better have gauges.

My load was lighter than I wanted for this test but there will be others. I had a GCVW of 19,400 today. I had it set up as #4 in normal mode and #2 in T/H.

Stock-no Juice

Flat ground 55mph-----4 psi @ 800*
Flat ground 65mph-----7 psi @ 875*
7% grade-I purposely
made it go to 3rd gear
as I was not heavy
enough to drag the
truck down that slow
by itself. 53mph-----23 psi @ 1325*

Juice on #2 setting

Flat ground 65mph-----4 psi @ 700*
7% grade- I tried again
to get it to run in
3rd gear, but it had
to much power and
shifted to 4th. 58mph-25 psi @ 1350*
I ran out of hill.
It may have gone higher.

On another hill while screaming along in 4th gear I turned the T/H off for #4 setting and the EGT's when to 1450* and climbing VERY fast. I backed off the gas. It would have pegged the gauge. #4 setting is not good for towing.

On another gradual hill, with cruise on, 5th gear, 65mph, holding its own weight, I waited for EGT's to stablize and I turned T/H off again and the EGT's climbed from 1000* to 1100* instantly. I do not have the comformation feature on mine but I guess this tells me I got it set right.

It does have great power with #2 setting and not much more at #4 IMO. It does have black smoke with the initial mash of the pedal.

My final opinion is I love the juice. It makes the engine work less to do the same thing. Excellent throttle response and passing ability, with an empty trailer of course. I do have a JK exhaust on order to hopefully cool things down abit and better utilize the juice. :D

mackin
06-27-2002, 09:50
Mav,

Good info ....... Your pyrometer pre turbo ??????? Hope so ...... Wouldn't want to do the math .........Yikes ........ I'm surprised you had them boost numbers, the EGT'S seem to be within ...

MAC :D

Maverick
06-27-2002, 21:14
Yes sir re Bob, its mounted in the passenger manifold. If those numbers were post-turbo, I might have melted the heads for the 5th time eh! :eek: Man this thing is fast without the trailer. What surprised you about the boost numbers? Just curious.