PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Love that AutoZone!

Cowracer
02-18-2005, 11:47
He Scores! :D

when I had my no-start problem, I bought 2 new batteries. Not really thinking I needed them, but I was desperate...

Anyhow, I take the old batteries back to get my $8 each core charge. The kid behind the counter assumes that I am turning them in for warrantee. He askes my phone number and finds that one was on free replacement and the other was pro-rated at 50%. He chats with the manager, and I explain that I couldnt bring them in when I bought the other ones, and I was bringing them in now. (not actually a lie, per se).

The manager tells the kid to ring them in as returned-tested bad. the kid prints up a ticket and I go to the counter and get $125.57 given to me.

Ya Gotta Love it!
Tim

DmaxMaverick
02-18-2005, 11:53
And you're proud of this?

JTodd
02-18-2005, 11:56
I had something similar happen to me. A battery that I had replaced a couple years before needed to be replaced again. I did not even think about a refund, I just needed a new battery, so I did not have a receipt or anything. They took a look at it and told me that it was still under warrantly. They gave me a new one and I was on my way. I try to go to AutoZone even if I pass one of the other guys on the way.

arrowheadracing
02-18-2005, 12:21
Same kind of deal. I was talking with the girl who was ringing me up, and she was talking with her manager about new years eve. Nobody was paying attention. She rang me up, I got home and it dawned on me it seemed really cheap. She forgot to ring me up for almost half my order. So I called back up , since I didnt want to rip them off ( you are in reality stealing ) , and the manager told me it was my lucky day , and not to worry about it. So I said ok. I dont like to make mistakes when they arent in my favor and apperciate it when someone brings it to my attention, but hey if the manager is going to tell me its their fault and not to worry about it..... I ll shop there more often.

Todd

Barry Nave
02-18-2005, 18:31
Any parts that i have ever gotten has came from Auto Zone on my 95 and wife GM van.
To date,on my truck,One free battery one pro rated. Yes I know they should be changed in pairs but you know what, you can go to Auto Zone any time and ask CK my battery for I want to see how each one is doing,OK no problem.
Wife Alt.,Alt. on my truck.
Front pads on van
Front pads on truck
Starter on truck(they are a PITA to change)
More time then money to spend.
Spend once and just keep going back when needed :D

Dimsdale
02-19-2005, 18:33
Autozone sells fuel filters for the late model Fuel Manager unit for about $13. It is in a nice sealed plastic bag in the box.

Pep Boys will sell you one in a Purolater box for about $30. No plastic bag.

They are all from Stanadyne, so you can figure out who gets my business!

Cowracer
02-21-2005, 04:32
Originally posted by DmaxMaverick:
And you're proud of this? extremely. I didn't cheat them. I got what I should have gotten all along. I just didnt realize it.

Tim

DmaxMaverick
02-21-2005, 05:30
Cowracer

My apologies. I misread your post, and missed the part about the returns being purchased from them prior, and still under warranty. Shame on me.

Cowracer
02-21-2005, 06:11
no prob.think nothing of it.
Tim