PDA

View Full Version : Tornado Fuel Saver?

Alli-max
06-27-2002, 14:04
Anybody seen this? Or better yet... tried it?

http://www.tornadofuelsaver.com/order/engine.php?pageno=3&year=2001&make=CHEVROLET&model=PICKUP+%28ALL%29

application for the Duramax available.

2K2AD
06-27-2002, 14:48
I am by no means expert or a diesel mechanic, but it seems to me that this thing could offer very little benefit. Watching the infomercials late at night seem to point to the swirling motion as a great way to ensure a better mixing (atomization) of the air/fuel mixture. With no air and fuel to mix, I cannot see the benefit. The other claim - to bend air around corners - seems pretty moot as well considering air gets accelerated and sent all the way down to the bottom of the engine, through a cooler, back up to the top and finally to the cylinders. That would have to be one heck of a nooks-and-crannies type tornado! Maybe I'm wrong (we'll find out shortly, I'm sure!), but I can only imagine minimal if any benefit.

Kevin

Heartbeat Hauler
06-27-2002, 17:12
I'm on a Impala SS/ Caprice forum and a couple of guys tried the Tornado on their LT1s. Result: lighter wallet.
HH

SoCalDMAX
06-27-2002, 17:13
Hey,

That looks great!

Do they have a rectangular one that fits into a rain gutter? :D :D You're too much!!

Seriously, I could see a benefit if trying to remove water from a dead end like a jug (the demo on TV shows this), this is a trick taught to me in high school. The air flows up the hollow center allowing the water to swirl out much faster. In the TV ad, the spinning vane on the intake merely shows that the air is spinning, not necessarily going faster or more efficiently.

In the case of a gas engine, spinning the air would only make it travel a further distance enroute to the manifold.

In the case of a turbo diesel, I don't see how it would help at all.

Now if you used this in conjunction with those ultrapowerful magnets on the fuel line and a "Type R" coffee can on the exhaust, the power gains and fuel savings would be unbelievable. Literally. ;)

Regards, Steve

Amianthus
06-28-2002, 06:59
JUNK! JUNK, JUNK, JUNK, JUNK!!!

The only way you will go faster or gain mileage with this thing in ANY application is by removing weight from your wallet. That's it.

If you don't believe me, try this. One of the TDR members had one from another application. He modified it to fit his truck and put it on. NO CHANGE! A complete ripoff.

If you don't beieve us, buy it. But don't say we didn't warn you.

Chris N5CWM
06-30-2002, 04:06
I got one. Next time I oil my muffler
bearings, I'll put it in and GTECH it
then post the results here! :D