Burner
06-27-2002, 19:41
What do I clean my mass air with?

:confused:

-----------> Burner

mackin
06-27-2002, 19:47
Burner ,

Electrical contact cleaner ..... Something alcohol based,or the liking to, that will dry quickly, and not leave a film ... Why are you cleaning ????? If you try to remove from snorkel, it has a tamper proof torque bit. You can get by with a thin blade reg. screwdriver .......That's how I did it ...... I was just inspecting, clean as a whistle, with the AMSOIL 2 stage .........

MAC smile.gif

[ 06-27-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

Kennedy
06-27-2002, 23:15
I would also think TV tuner cleaner would be a good choice. Someone in the electronics field could answer that.

I've used carb cleaner and brakleen, but cannot say what long term or overexposure effects could occur.

LanduytG
06-28-2002, 06:15
Denaturered alchola is what I use on the TDI. Does a good job evaporates fast without leaving anything behind.
Greg

LarryM
06-28-2002, 07:13
I used de-natured alcohol on mine. It's available at most home improvement stores in quarts and gallons. I just poured some over the MAF sensor until it was no longer covered with Amsoil filter oil!

Be careful about using electronic type contact cleaners. Most of them have a lubricant as well as a solvent. I saw nothing in the sensor that looked like it would be sensitive to the freon based spray cleaners, but the alcohol is cheap and easy to use, and is known to work well in this application.