PDA

View Full Version : New Dmax on the way!

Mike Colville
04-10-2003, 19:50
Haven't been here in a while...howdy!

Well, just traded in my 2001 K2500HD/D/A/EC/SB (ticker) for a land yacht! 2003 Chevy k3500/D/A/CC/LB (hopefully a non-ticker)

They really made some nice improvements to the interiors of the 03. I love the steering controls and the buckets. Hate the front end, except in black, boy does it look nice! Cant wait to pick it up. Gonna get a spray in, which should I get? Anything to watch out for on the 03 Dmax's?

Oongawah
04-10-2003, 19:54
Congrats,

Man, is it Christmas already?

cowboywildbill
04-10-2003, 20:08
Congratulations on your new 03. I have an 02 and love it. it seems like every year they add more bells and whistles. In response to the bed liner, I just had a B&W flip Ball hitch installed , it replaced my reese fifthwheel and gooseneck rail system. Then I had the rhino "graphite" liner applied. It was under $500.00 and I compared it to a friends line/X liner and I like the rhino a little better.It looks a lot thicker than the line/X I think the line/X did cost about a $100 less though. Good luck with your new toy.

Smittybilt
04-10-2003, 20:11
Hey, lotsaluck on your new Dmax!!! Also have the B&W turnoverball and Rhinolining. Really clean install and this is the 3rd truck I've had with the Rhino. Wouldn't do without it and still wouldn't have any other spray on but Rhino. This stuff is TOUGH!!! Got a link for pictures. See for yourself. Rey

GMC-2002-Dmax
04-10-2003, 21:37
Mike,

I like LINE-X. :D

For me the texture and the look sold me.

Both will be good, to each their own.

Good Luck and post some PICS!!! ;)

GMC

K1XV
04-11-2003, 03:59
I also vote for the Line-X. Does not look like it has lumps in it, and is quite non-skid. Go over the top rails.

Enjoy the new wheels!!

GM Smitty
04-11-2003, 05:01
Line-X gets my vote too. I had both, and the Line-X is a much harder material. It isn't as thick as Rhino, but it won't rip up with sharp or heavy objects as easy as Rhino. I had Rhino in my last truck as was not happy with it....lots of tears. I do use my bed very tough though. Whatever floats your boat I guess. smile.gif
Josh

Bulldogger
04-11-2003, 06:56
I've had both Rhino and Line-x. Both sprayed in prior to putting in 5th wheel hitch. When plates were put back in the Rhino actually squeezes out the side of the plates when their torqued down, leaving bubble like pockets. The line-x doesn't do this. Line-x is harder and less prone to ripping, from my experience. Dave :D