PDA

View Full Version : ATS stage 2,anybody got one to work?

bgsmoke
10-29-2003, 20:58
Has any one had as many troubles as two of us?On our 03 GMC, in tow haul,the converter will not unlock and if you come to a stop it will kill the truck,this controll box is a 14 pin.On our 03 chevy,it SLAMS the gears from 1st to 5th(skips 2nd,3rd or 4th)then the turbo shutters,and it slams back into 1st!This controller is the 18 pin.Both trans'are about 6 weeks old.

Jake99Z71
10-30-2003, 02:31
I've got mine shifting as smooth as stock but firmer shifts. NO harsh shifts anytime. Have you had the software updated in the commander? Do you have the spring in the one trim solenoid? Or are you running the replacement spring? What setting are you running on the sub menu? How much power have you added to the engine?

mtomac
10-30-2003, 04:54
did you clear the taps and put the allison in fast learn mode with the tech2 after the install?

bgsmoke
10-30-2003, 10:51
I had a trans guy in rockford do it,any time he had a question he talked to clint or karl and they told him what to do.On the GMC it doesn't matter what level it's set at,it will kill the motor if you'r slowing to a stop,or if you are at a stop and activate the tow haul it will kill it.On the Chevy with the new instructions it said to replace all springs,both controllers are to be the "newest" boxes out.And it doesen't matter the setting on either box,the only time the trans works great is when the box is off.As for mods,edge attitude 5 levels,duramaxamiser,prop,nos.

Jake99Z71
10-30-2003, 16:00
bgsmoke
Have you posted over on ATS's forum? Are you from Rockford,IL?

bgsmoke
10-30-2003, 17:10
Yes i live just south of rockford,4 miles from Byron.
I think the problem will be fixed on mon.,it's leaving for ATS on fri.Clint and Karl are going to dig into it.Now thats what i call customer service.
I wish it didn't have to come to this,but i'm tired of spending TONS of money and the big claims never come true!

mackin
10-30-2003, 18:38
Originally posted by bgsmoke:
Yes i live just south of rockford,4 miles from Byron.
I think the problem will be fixed on mon.,it's leaving for ATS on fri.Clint and Karl are going to dig into it.Now thats what i call customer service.
I wish it didn't have to come to this,but i'm tired of spending TONS of money and the big claims never come true! Any SES codes ??

Mac
:confused: