PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stacked juice and hypertech yet?

TN farmer
04-14-2003, 20:47
It sounds like a few people have gotten their hands on hypertechs power programmer and I wanted to hear how it is going to work with the juice. Has anyone done this yet or what are your thoughts on how they will stack?

[ 04-14-2003: Message edited by: TN farmer ]</p>

dmaxalliTech
04-14-2003, 20:52
TN, good q. I am very interested to find out myself....

TN farmer
04-15-2003, 06:19
What do you think JK, can this be done safely?

Kennedy
04-15-2003, 07:18
By stacking, I assume dual performance tunes? Most any time you try this, you are out in no man's land IF the boxes affect timing. The Duramaximizer will stack with anything because it only does PSI. I have a mod VA box that I use as it is a simple install.

SoMN has seen for himself: Adding a second box can SEEM strong, and make a noticeable difference, but only deliver minimal HP gains. On the other hand, a good combo can add 50+HP with the same basic programs. I've run a combo of 3 programs that made LESS HP than the first two.

Most that are stacking are relying on SOP and Gtech times, but have little experience in doing so. There may be a gain, but the stress levels may also go up excessively. In the case above, the same amount of fuel was being used, but not nearly as efficiently in Matt's case. We now have taken care of that...

Aside from that, it has been proven that the individual program mfr's can easily exceed the Allison's capabilities in stock form. That hopefully is no longer the case, and I should know more in a day or so.

At this point, the Predator's upcoming "0" HP tune would be the safest bet.

[ 04-15-2003: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

SoMnDMAX
04-15-2003, 10:32
As John said, the gains when stacking the VA box with the Juice were minimal at best- 20 HP. But with the proper setup, the gains can be had- only if you know how to set it up, and can properly test to verify. Either way, like John said, once you go beyond the Juice (or similarly performing boxes) and start stacking, the Allison will give in. All the power in the world is useless if you cannot get it to the back wheels. Be prepared to see drivetrain codes starting with P0700 and P17--.

Watch those EGT's- they can get quite high, as does the stress on the engine. You'd be suprised how close the Dmax can sound to a PSD when a "stacked" setup isn't right... :eek:

Matt

TN farmer
04-15-2003, 22:17
Thanks for the replies I guess I will let others do the experimenting for us.

I can't keep the tires on the ground now do I really need more power? I think we know the answer to that ;)

Kennedy
04-15-2003, 22:20
No doubt! I wasn't paying enough attention to my boost spooling the other day and had the LF tire walking and talking :eek: