PDA

View Full Version : Boring, Boring, Boring

Very Old Dog
07-27-2003, 16:59
Duramax diesels run great. Look at this site. Enhancements to an already great engine, towing here and there better than ever, mileage is superb, problems that have remedies by GM, i.e. 4x4 buttons and switches, etc., accessories for cosmetic improvement and an automatic transmission that is the best in the industry. It is far more interesting reading reports on the Diesel Stop about Ford 6.0 engines, problems that cannot be solved, and Ford buying back entire diesel vehicles. Duramax owners, are you satisfied with your purchase and if you are not how many of you are out there. Did GM design and build a decent truck? After owning three Dodge Cummins which were fine vehicles, I am really glad that I am a Duramax/Allison owner. How about you?

jbplock
07-27-2003, 17:12
AMEN!!!

DuramaxDicko
07-27-2003, 17:57
Very Old Dog,

I can't agree on the transmission.
Please see this post:
http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000153;p=1#000 006

(but i do love the truck, just don't have a good thing to say on the tranny)(or GM a this time, they know there is a problem and so does Allison with the Allison 1k tranny)

afp
07-27-2003, 18:03
Dick,

As little as it helps what happened to you, most guys expereince with the Allison has been like mine--excellent.

Blaine

dmaxalliTech
07-27-2003, 20:28
I dont know if I agree with the arguement that new is better on trannies. New ones are built on assembly line but people who likely have no idea what there doing or what the parts are, just now which order to put them in. Reman units are built in similer fashion, but not in such quanity. Usually checked a little better, parts are individually inspected etc. And its the same warr... Its the same reason I usually by 'factory reconditioned' stuff from the stores.

Tim Richardson
07-27-2003, 20:45
I have only had my truck for less than a week, but so far I have nothing but smiles. :cool:

The transmission and engine have been everything that I have hoped for.

Tim

HD-Nate
07-28-2003, 09:27
Originally posted by afp:
Dick,

As little as it helps what happened to you, most guys expereince with the Allison has been like mine--excellent.

Blaine I agree.....just turned over 10k this weekend. ZERO problems...........well OK, one of the rubber bumper stops on the gas door came off. They fixed it while I waited :D

hoot
07-28-2003, 09:48
I'll reserve my final judgement on the 2001 model after I get over 100,000 miles on it but so far it's be awesome.

I may be driving a 2004 GMC before I hit 100,000. I like to keep em new.

sonofagun
07-28-2003, 10:09
Hoot,

Come on guy, put up your money, before you flame out!! http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/bounce/ukliam3.gif

My "04 is already on order. I was less worried about the 100,000 line than king pin capacity however.

Maxter
07-28-2003, 10:28
Mine is just shy of 70,000 km. About 55,000 km was heavy hauling and it spent alot of hours doing farm work.

I have zero complaint and the truck performs great everytime. So far everything was covered under waranty.

Here's the problems I had so far:

- Water infiltration in cab by running lights FIXED
- NBSU swith acting up FIXED
- Steering collum rattle NOT FIXED
- Work tie-rod end and ball joint FIXED
- 4x4 actuator acting up TO BE FIXED

The Allison is a charm to use.

I'm very satisfied so far. The only "complaint" I could have would be to have better stock shocks and beefier front suspension parts.

JF