PDA

View Full Version : Joe now has custom Alto clutches

LMorse
11-02-2003, 14:14
I made the trip to Suncoast and had Joe work his magic on my tranny and install a triple disc torque converter... Sat evening he got his first shipment of new Alto clutches.. He said it's a definite upgrade... I know this has been said before, though I would highly recommend letting Joe take care of your tranny needs if at all possible.. He did the work himself, and kept four guys at the shop till after 10 pm to to finish the truck... He's a real nice guy..
Can anyone give me info on the quad 215? Now that I have the tranny, I want to use it.. What should I stack it with?? Any help would be appreciated...
Brad

sdaver
11-02-2003, 16:45
welcome to the no slipin fifth club.......great guys at suncoast. 15k miles plus, no issues.......I got the 215 from kennedy........stacks great with the attitude 145.....dave

great news on the clutches :D

JrTuner
11-02-2003, 17:48
I might of got the only bad torque converter Sun Coast has ever sold. On the street would roll into 1st gear at about 3/4 throttle and the rpms would go to 3000 and stay there even after the 1-2 and 2-3 shift. Then I took the truck to the track later that week and the truck did the same thing except worse. I would launch the truck and it felt like it literally stopped moving until the converter locked up. Went two 14.0's and a 14.1 @ 99 mph. The trans shifted great. Called Joe on Friday morning and I had another converter on Tuesday. Installed it yesterday and it definetly feels different and a lot better. Going to try and race it Thursday and will let Joe how I make out. Waiting for my Attitude.

LMorse
11-03-2003, 14:15
JrTuner my truck did the same thing.. You couldn't even power brake it.. They then pulled the tranny again and installed another torque converter... Same thing happened again.. Come to find out it wasn't the torque converter at all.. It was some type of a valve in the tranny.. I hate not knowing the name of it, though it was about two or three inches long and about as big around as a dime.. Mackin might know, Joe called and told him what it was.. He was having problems as well..

big dipper
11-03-2003, 16:11
Torque Converter Control Valve

JrTuner
11-05-2003, 03:52
Mine power braked too easily. I could get it to 2000 rpms with no problem in 2WD. It was making 7 psi of boost on it way to 10 psi. On the street the truck just didn't feel like it was moving along properly like it was in mud or something. Now with the new torque converter it feels like the truck moves the second you touch the pedal no more sluggishness. UPS picked up the old converter yesterday so I will find out what Joe finds when he cuts it open.