PDA

View Full Version : Duramax Q or Bug Not Shore

smartfix
07-28-2003, 13:18
Hello all

We have a new 2003 unit.. Today we can hear a Slaping noise when you stand buy the side.. Is this
on every ones unit.. Went to 1st dealer its ok, Give
it 15,000 miles it will go away.. He told me it sounds like the oil pump and it will beak in. Going to a bigger dealer tuesday and will get feed back..

300 miles on it

From steve :(

sonofagun
07-28-2003, 13:54
Steve,

Can you provide a bit more info? Front, rear, drivers side, passangers side, at idle or reved up, etc. Can you also try to describe the noise a couple of other ways, it may help some identify it. My truck never made any noises will standing aside from the diesel noise and the A/C compressor kicking on and off at times.

Bob

a64pilot
07-28-2003, 14:27
Do a search on "ticking" you'll find more than you can read in a week. If that's what you have, join the crowd there are at least thousands of us, seems to be normal and I know of no instances where it has caused any problems whatsoever. It does seem to diminish with age.

smartfix
07-28-2003, 18:12
hello pilot

The 1st Dealer told me it might go away with next oil change or around 15,000 miles.. Don't know if any of this is true what there telling us.. What is this noise we all hear under the trucks

From steve

jbplock
07-29-2003, 04:10
When mine was new I heard a slapping kind of noise and I found a loose label on one of the serpentine pulleys (can't remember which one) that was flapping. I pulled off the label and that noise went away, but then I started hearing the infamous "tick". I still have it and it comes and goes. smile.gif