PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

moto x
01-05-2003, 11:42
Has anyone out there heard the Kennedy vs. the Banks vs. straight piped?? I am looking for some more sound out of my truck, not as much as a Dodge, but I would like it to sound like a diesel.
Also does straight piping lower the EGT's much.

Thanks for the help.

Greg

RVGuy
01-05-2003, 12:14
moto x

Several members will be gathering here in Dallas on the 25th. I have the Kennedy exhaust and I believe the Banks Exhaust may also be represented, but I don't know about anyone with a straight pipe.

You might so a search on "straight pipe" as I know there have been others on the board post about the level of the sound of there's.

motovet
01-05-2003, 13:13
Fellow racer, I have the Banks and it gives the truck "more" of that diesel sound you are after. The other options will also give you the same. Also the power adders will raise the sound level a bit. The Juice did that to mine.

[ 01-05-2003: Message edited by: motovet ]</p>

moto x
01-05-2003, 16:12
Thanks for the input.
I also noticed that on Kennedys web sight he listed an optional perforated core muffler.

Quote"This has proven to be substantially quieter than the perforated core muffler (still available")

Anyone know the sound of this muffler??

Thanks
Greg

big dipper
01-05-2003, 16:36
I have no experience with that muffler, but I can tell you first hand that the pdf. on his site really doesn't do his exhaust any justice. I had his 4/5" on my last cc/sb and it was very impressive. Nice authoritative sound at idle and strong big block sound while cruising.

George

DMAXDiva
01-05-2003, 17:16
I'll have a Banks to show there at the Dallas GTG...I'm sure I won't be the only one. There was a kid that straight-piped his Banks (I can't remember his name, but I think he lives in the Dallas area)...maybe he'll show up too. I did have a straight 3.5 before putting on the Banks, but it was just too obnoxious! :rolleyes:
(wish I'd made a sound file of that one!)

See y'all in Big D!

Kennedy
01-05-2003, 17:41
5" is louder than the 4"

Perforated core is louder than the louvered core.

SoMNDmax has the perforated core as he wanted a little more rasp in his exhaust note. Personally, the 5" louvered core works well for me, but the 5" perforated core approaches straight pipe noise levels. I am looking at an even longer (quieter) muffler for the long beds.

I've also been considering something similarly sized to the Aeroturbine (VERY $$$$) to add in up front as a resonator. I don't see a real need to quiet it down much more, but there are those that would prefer as close to stock as possible. I have one of the aeroturbine units here to try, and mat just pop it in as a resonator first to see how it does...

[ 01-05-2003: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>