PDA

View Full Version : Front end problem

Maxter
04-17-2003, 09:31
Last tuesday I went to the garage to have them install some 265's. I always ran the factory 245 size and wanted to go a tad wider.

While removing a wheel, to mechanic said to me that my driver side tie-rod end was loose. I immediatly call my Local GM Dealer to have an appointment to fix that.

When I went back tp pick up the truck, they said that they didn't do anything because that was not covered by my waranty. They said that GM asked for "proofs" of service.

The truck is 15 months old and I have about 51,000km on it and had 4 oil changes made. The first one was a the the dealer, the second and third one I did myself because it was summer and my fourth one I brought my oil and filter to WalMart and for 15$ I got the chance to watch them ruin 2 oil filter wrench on the Dmax!

Each time, the 11 zerks were done properly. GM said that the problem was due to a lack of lubrification. The lubrification was done according to their shedule. They don'T want to pay for it for a lack of proofs that it was done properly.

I asked them what kind of proofs they needed and they told me they needed GM dealer invoices or other invoices. I gave them invoices for my oil purchase and the tweo services that were not done by me but it was not enough. I couldn't find the invoice for the few 2$ grease tubes I bought.

So now I have to pay 1000$CAN to change the tie rod end, ball joints and idler arms or fight GM. Man this sucks. I checked a few topics under the subjest and it seems that many poeple who made the proper lubrifications have had the same problem with premature wear.

Any take on how to resolve this? I do push a snow plow to clean the roads on my land and work in the mud alot and "maybe" this would require a more frequent lube but I tought that following GM's schedule was enought.

Thanks for your inputs.

JF.

More Power
04-17-2003, 11:00
Transferred to "2500HD/3500 Trucks & Drivetrains" forum.

Please help keep the "Duramax 6600" forum engine related.

MP