PDA

View Full Version : new forum member and new D/A

Mike Fultz
01-07-2003, 10:02
Happy New Year to all,
I would like to introduce myself, I am new to the list and just recently bought my first Diesel-- a 2003 2500HD, D/A, 4x4, CC. This is my second Chevrolet with my first being a 1970 C10. I owned Ford Gassers in between. GM has come a long way.

I have put just 1000 miles on my new truck-- it's great!! very comfortable to drive, lots of power, and quieter than I expected, 15.5 average MPG. I even like the front end styling of the Chevrolet. The only problem that I have noted with my new truck so far is the Temperature Indicator on the review mirror, the first digit displays a 9 rather than a 4 when the Outside temperature is in the 40's ( 42 Outside temp will display as 92) Not a big issue for me.

In the next few weeks I will get to tow my race car trailer with the truck, loaded the trailer
weighs about 8500#.

Any advice for a new Duramax owner is appreciated.

Applecore
01-07-2003, 10:20
Keep looking at this forum, you will get more information than you can handle. Most of it is really good stuff.

sdaver
01-07-2003, 10:53
welcome mike............. :D dave

White Truck
01-07-2003, 12:20
Mike,
You need a new mirror assembly. This was an known issue with some of these that was corrected by the supplier of the mirror to GM. Your dealer will have a TSB about this instructing him to replace the mirror for this problem.
Enjoy your new truck!!

SoCalDMAX
01-07-2003, 12:34
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum!! I can see that you didn't do any research before buying your truck.... BWhahahaha!! JUST KIDDING!!

I'm sure you love yours as much as we all love ours. I never imagined anyone could build a truck with this much pulling power that rides like a car... it works for me! Just search around for any info you need and ask if you don't find it.

Regards, Steve