PDA

View Full Version : Predator Curves ?

Burner
04-17-2003, 21:05
Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm trying to find a Dyno sheet on the Predator. I know what the chart says but I have not seen a dyno sheet. :rolleyes:

Burner-----> :D

RWTD
04-17-2003, 21:56
Hey Burner, there isn't any released from DiabloSport. Not many major tuning companies ever release their power curves, unless they feel it's going to substantially give their unit more bragging rights. This can also possibly negatively affect the a product if such isn't released. On the other hand, some power curves given out may actually prove to not fair at all and be subjected to criticism.

I will do my best to get some curves from DiabloSport, but I can't promise you they will give them out. Personally, I want them, we'll see, but I may be able to coax them into giving them out. I'd already have you some if I could get a tall truck on our dyno here :( I do have some tricks up my sleeve, though, with another local's new Mustang Dyne, which is inground. I'm putting in a call tomorrow, and will get back with you on it.

Sincerely...

[ 04-18-2003: Message edited by: RunninWithTheDevil.com ]</p>

Burner
04-17-2003, 22:15
James,

Where is the "new" mustang? Check your e-mail.

TooMuchMuscle
04-18-2003, 09:03
I've been around for a long time, well for 9 months or so and have seen and dealt with many people from TDP... For the majority, your all a bunch of good guys. But as for RWTD... all he talks about is how good his Predator is and how bad the Hypertech is... People can make up there own mind and having a vendor telling them what to do is Bu!!sh!t... LATE

DURA-MAX3
04-18-2003, 09:46
Why are some of you whining about people talking about there products. The guy that started this topic wanted to know where the tourqe is at its best in relation to rpm's. I have heard from several people on here that the hypertech gets most of its power at higher rpms. I don't know what is wrong with saying your product is better, its the american way, everyone has the right to feel that there product is better and the right to do so, consumers are left to choose whats right for them. Hell every guy on here thinks the Duramax is the best diesel engine in a pick-up. whats the difference...

Burner
04-18-2003, 12:10
Hey Fellas,

I proposed a question to James, personally. We will have a "dino sheet" if James can come through. I will keep ya posted. ;)

Burner-----&gt; :D

Burner
04-21-2003, 16:08
I'm working on it....... I have lost James phone number....I need James to call me.

Burner----&gt; :D :rolleyes:

king D
04-21-2003, 19:38
duramax3 i do like my max but i would be CUMMIN across as a liar if i said i felt the duramax was the best diesel engine.just my .02 and not trying to start a war.the dmax is great and potential is there but its gonna take some time to get to the point of cummins...jess

DURA-MAX3
04-21-2003, 22:58
HEY KING D.....

Go visit your local dodge dealer if you think the com-a-part is a better engine. Just my two cents...

schnier
04-22-2003, 05:52
TooMuch, IMHO the Predator is the better deal because you also get the OBDII diagnostics with the programmer. I just got mine back with the new 5 programs. I put it on 100 just to play around and it comes in sooner on the accelerator pedal, almost to a point where it always wants to jump out on you with the slightest push. I think the electronic pedal has something to do with this. Anyway I adjusted it to the proper tire size yesterday and am checking fuel mileage this week. I have yet to check the speed with my GPS, maybe tomorrow if I remember. I set it back on 40HP tow mode and do like how it runs better than stock, and should tow a lot better. I will post MPG, and GPS later this week. Just my .02 cents worth.

mtomac
04-22-2003, 07:23
when you change the tire size with the predator does it correct the speedo and odometer?

schnier
04-22-2003, 08:50
Well, I hope so. I have not verified it with my GPS. There are four adjustments, if I remember correctly. Axle Ratio, Tire Width, Tire Height, Rim Diameter. Also Speed override to 110MPH.

Kennedy
04-22-2003, 09:04
schnier,

Does yours have the 0 HP speed only tune? I was told that would not be released until v1.04 which is due out any day now...

schnier
04-22-2003, 11:03
Mr K, I know what you are looking for, 0 HP correct. Well I could not remember, so I went out in the parking lot at work and hooked it up to verify this. I have to say you are absolutely correct. Mine is 1.03v and has 40hp, 60hp, 85hp, and 100hp. The tire calibration is Axle Ratio, Speed Limit, Factory Wheel Size, and Actual Wheel Size. I just received it Saturday 4/19, so it is the latest revision I know of. Thanks.

RWTD
04-22-2003, 13:13
Yep, John is right on. The factory calibration tune is not in v1.03. It'll be in v1.04, which should be released any day as he stated. That will be the only change to the unit.

If any of my current customers need a factory calibration tune please let me know and I'll work with you on getting the v1.04.

As far as if the speedo corrects properly, I've had 2 customers so far email me saying it is spot on, so it should be with everyone else. Remember, the Predator uses simple math to calculate overall tire height, so you may need to mix up the #'s a lil to dial yours in exactly, even though tires are rated by the standard XXX/XX-XX spec, some manufacturers tires aren't exactly the same height as another.

Sincerely...