PDA

View Full Version : Need Competent DMAX Mechanic in DFW

DucksnDiesel
01-08-2003, 08:21
Help. I need a Chevrolet Dealership in the DFW area with a competent DMAX mechanic. Mine has been at Graff Chevrolet for a week with the dreaded "fuel in the oil" and these losers can barley find their own a#$ with both hands, much less fix the problem. It's been waiting in line because they only have one rack that can lift it. Bottom line is they do not know what to do or how to fix it. What a crock.

RVGuy
01-08-2003, 09:15
When and if your find one, let me know cause that's where I'll be taking my truck for service.

I purchased mine from Parra in Irving and they have no clue what the term "good customer service" should be.

Need a ride to the DFW gathering on the 25th? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DURA-MAX3
01-08-2003, 09:43
I have used James Woods in Decatur and have had real good luck with them. I have not had any engine work done just computer updates and tranny updates but they were very helpful. The guy i talked to was Ronnie in the service writer dept. Hope this helps....

MaxRock
01-08-2003, 12:01
I have purchased my vehicles from Tedford Chevrolet in Farmersville Tx since '86. Their service department is second to none...in my opinion.

Let me give you a personal example of their service. My wife drives an '00 Tahoe. We noticed the back seat driver's side window was intermittent. I called Tedford and scheduled an appointment to service the Tahoe. With the problem being intermittent I was expecting some difficulty in having the problem resolved. When I picked up the Tahoe, the service manager stated they replaced the defective motor. GM had a TSB out on that particular motor manufacturer. In addition, they checked the other 3 windows and replaced those motors because they were of the same manufacturer. I was impressed. I have several other stories about them but will not go into detail here.

As far as diesel service, I have not had my truck worked on by them, but I did see a DMax there with the heads removed. The problem was faulty head bolts that didn't/were not torqued properly. I did speak with the owner of the truck after the repair and he was satisfied.

I haven't been steered wrong by Tedford yet. Hope this helps and good luck with your truck. As RVGuy stated, hope to see you on the 25th.

MaxRock

DMAX4LIFE
01-08-2003, 13:01
I would recommend Team Bonner Chevrolet in Denison, TX. It might be a little drive but good service is worth it. I have never had any service done personally but I know the service manager very well and he is a great guy. I do beleive they are a dealer listed on this website recommended for their service as well. Their main diesel tech is very knowledgeable.

chuntag95
01-08-2003, 14:12
I have used Steakly in Dallas. They did the steering rattle, injector cup seals, and reprogrammed for high idle. They have always got it fixed and the service guys listen when you give them info. They don't have a lot of experience on the DMax, but they do seem to know there a$$ from a hole in the ground. My only complaint was the week it took to get the cup puller and they charged me $60 for the reprogramming. Talk to Jason or Doug (they are partners).

tmorris
01-08-2003, 22:18
I use El Durado in McKinney. The diesel mech has been around for some time. I had it in for the injector pump replacement, and he did it right the first time. He actually told me that he took extra time to make sure it was right as it was his first on the DMAX. He is more experienced with the 6.2/6.5

tmorris
01-08-2003, 22:19
I use El Durado in McKinney. The diesel mech has been around for some time. I had it in for the injector pump replacement, and he did it right the first time. He actually told me that he took extra time to make sure it was right as it was his first on the DMAX. He is more experienced with the 6.2/6.5

TBC
01-08-2003, 22:36
I have used Classic Chev in Grapevine and Hudiburg Chev in North Richland Hills. I bought mine at Classic and have been back twice once just for service and was in Hudiburg once for a minor problem. Hudiburg is closer to home.

Tom