PDA

View Full Version : Another Fuel in Oil Question

DucksnDiesel
01-08-2003, 14:47
Can a leaking injector line cause the fuel in the oil problem? This is what the dealer is saying - I just don't believe much of what they say anymore. Thanks.

DURA-MAX3
01-08-2003, 15:12
Most definitly, probably the most common way for it to get there...

DucksnDiesel
01-09-2003, 10:02
I believe the leak they found was external to the engine. The repair order said they "found a leak at the the high pressure line on the injector pump. Removed the line, inspected for cracks, and reinstalled. Line was just loose."

While I do not understand the exact rounting of this line, how can an external fuel line leak get fuel into the engine oil?

DURA-MAX3
01-10-2003, 10:18
sounds kind of funny doesn't it... Don't know that one....

SID6FIVE
01-12-2003, 11:25
Well...
An external fuel line cannot put fuel into the crankcase.The way fuel usually gets into the oil on a DMAX is due to injector failure.As the injector starts going bad,it bypasses more and more fuel into the return system (not the cylinder), until the return pipe is overwhelmed by the sheer volume of fuel.The pressure backup then blows out a small checkball(?) in the side of the injector.The crankcase quickly fills with fuel until the oil/fuel mixture begins exiting via the blowby tube...I have seen this time and again-usually this does not hurt the engine;however, if this is suspected the problem should be repaired ASAP.