PDA

View Full Version : FORD ROMP

TooMuchMuscle
04-18-2003, 17:34
Reading The Diesel Stop for things going wrong with the 6.0L i came across a couple of threads mentioning oil changes and romp sounds... what is this? and do all diesels make this noise if the oil is changed wrong... Thanks

GMCTRUCK
04-18-2003, 20:35
I'm not sure what the "romp" they are referring to is but, I can assure you it has nothing to do with changing the oil. There is no black magic involved with changing your oil. It gets changed just like everything else you've ever owned. As far as the Ford 6.0 from what I've read, been told by local Ford techs and a couple of owners they have been a nightmare from top to bottom, and whatever the "romp" is that you read about is the least of their problems.

redneckcowdoctor
04-19-2003, 05:11
From a post on The Diesel Stop: "Cummins is having absolutely no problems with their new set up. Duramax is having huge problems with the aluminum heads, but that's all."

http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=2003Drivetrain&Number=1175263&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Have I missed something? :rolleyes:

FirstDiesel
04-19-2003, 06:57
Look at the source of the comment, someone who thinks his Ford is the best truck ever. :eek:

afp
04-19-2003, 11:33
Come on guys. Ford will get things sorted out just like GM did. As hard as it may be to take, we now need the Hot Juice to make more power than the Ford with it's juice.

I find this very two faced: those who were quick to cry foul when the Dodge and Ford guys criticized the DMa--for whatever petty little thing they could speculate on--mmediately did same thing to the new Ford. And remember, these forums are magnifyers. If someone has a problem a posts it, you can bet there are a hundred who don't post who've never had a problem.

The only reason mnay are looking to find the flaws in brand X is so they can feel better about choosing brand Y. Instead of focusing on the negative traits of brand X, I recommend everyone focus on making our DMax better. When all is said and done, the DMax will always make more power than the Ford (mod for mod) because the DMax is 36ish cubic inches bigger.

Blaine

FirstDiesel
04-19-2003, 12:15
Actually Blaine I find that the 2 faced thing is the Ford guys. Even while they're wailing about how bad their trucks are they stop and take the time to slam our defects. And THEY'RE WRONG too!! Anyone ever heard of a DMAX head failure yet???

dmaxalliTech
04-19-2003, 14:27
Yeah, we have head head failures. I was driving mine home today and heard a loud bang, opened the hood to find my cylinder head cracked in two pieces. It had pistons hangin out of it and smoke rollin! I thought I was doomed!!! Then I found that the bang was me runnin over a F%%d broke down on side of road and the pieces I seen were his :D :D :D

afp
04-19-2003, 15:11
Larry,

I don't care if the Ford guys are two faced. I just don't want us DMax owners to appear in any way like the Ford ownwer's in terms of bi-facial disorder......................

Blaine

Hound
04-19-2003, 15:12
Blaine,

Whadda you know, you're shootin a sucks and now runnin an oily couch cushion? :D

afp
04-19-2003, 15:42
Hound,

I've always shot the sucks (proudly) and always will. Whether or not the oily cushion is still in place after 5 years ar 100,000 miles is still to be seen.....................

Blaine

Hound
04-19-2003, 15:52
Blaine,
I'm in the same boat as you as far as shootin goes. How many miles you got on your truck now? 42,000 on mine and 0 probs to date. BTW I agree 100% on the Ford issue. GM really hurt the diesel market several years back and I'm hoping that Ford isn't following suit.

afp
04-19-2003, 16:02
I have 12,000 and have had the truck for 10 months. Most of my driving is short trips, and I don't have a trailer yet so I've harldy broken the thing in. I did take it in last Monday for the lopey idle and to get the ODLO TCM flash. Mt idle wasn't that lopey, but I wanted to see if I had the "good" pump/regulator and make sure it was not the problem. I do have the "good" one, and all they did was flash the ECM--which did fix my slighlty lopey idle. When I get a chance I'll install an ODLO switch.

What have you done to yours?

Blaine

Hound
04-19-2003, 16:16
Not a lot... Kennedy headlight harness & Philips bulbs, SoMNDmax CB antenna mount, Amsoil oily couch cushion, ARE Z series, BFG AT's, Galaxy radio, Delvac 1, Amsoil in the diffs, Transfer Flow fuel filler. Debating on Predator/Juice but new house is keeping funds tied up. smile.gif

[ 04-19-2003: Message edited by: Hound ]</p>