PDA

View Full Version : oil change

steve700edgex
04-19-2003, 21:31
new diesel owner and would like to know the correct procedure for oil change.
is it the same as gas or should I fill filter up
first.
anything have to be done before restarting.
tanks steve

chuntag95
04-19-2003, 21:52
Steve,
Do a search and you will find more info that you will ever need. Be ready to fight to get the filter off. The gorilla they hired at the factory to put them on is a big boy. :D I would jack up the front due to a lower area in the front of the pan so you get more out. Also, with the large quantity of oil, it will shoot out about 2 feet and most miss the pan the first time and some the second. redface.gif The debate on the filter (To fill or not) has gone on several times. I put in some but don't fill all the way. I try to limit the mess a little. Don't forget to change your rear differential and front (if applicable) differential fluids. You will be glad you did when you see them. Like I said, the search function is your best friend and you can learn a ton in a short amount of time. One caution, it is addictive. :D Starts with maintenance, then a little mod hear an upgrade ther and BINGO you have to start the 12 step program. :eek:

[ 04-19-2003: Message edited by: chuntag95 (Chris) ]</p>

chagburg
04-21-2003, 20:53
Where would you find info on changing the differential oil?

SPICER
04-22-2003, 06:03
Look under the 2500HD/3500HD Drivetrain forum(just below the Duramax 6600 forum) Do a search there and you will find TONS of info on this subject!! SPICER :D