PDA

View Full Version : Check your Amsoil air filters

ratlover
07-31-2003, 08:09
I'm sure most of you guys have already heard of this but I figured I'd post a reminder.

Check your Amsoil air filter if you have one.

It seems that thier quality controll missed a batch of filters(or all of em???) and the little blue rubber gasket starts to peel off of the rest of the filter.

Mine started doing this and thus my motor started sucking unfiltered air :eek: :mad:

I'm not bashing amsoil, just pointing out my experience and it something you guys might want to check out.

As I was writing this I had a amsoil rep contact me and they really seem to want to make things right. I was told it was a problem with an initial batch and some how the filter I bought sliped through the recall cracks so to speak and landed in my truck....always my luck :rolleyes:

hoot
07-31-2003, 08:25
Bought mine in 2001. It doesn't have a blue rubber gasket. Been great.

ratlover
07-31-2003, 08:39
Maybe its just the blue ones that fall apart? :confused: Always my luck.....if I anyone were to get a lemon it would be me.

For the few thousand miles its been on I dont have any complaints other than it disintigrating :rolleyes:

I even found install easy and liked the idea of how it sealed the lid to the bottom.

GMCTRUCK
07-31-2003, 15:31
Not currently using mine but, it doesn't have the blue gasket either. Why did they change them is what I want to know.

Joe.G
07-31-2003, 17:00
You sir are full of baloney, none of the Amsoil filters have a blue rubber seal, they are sealed by the foam which is larger than the airbox. Go somewhere else if you want to cause hate and discontent, this is an informative BB!

GMC D-Max
07-31-2003, 17:08
WHAT?!?
You mean I got cheated out of a blue rubber gasket??

I knew Amsoil filters were a scam!!
;)

Oops, nope!
Still in one piece, and sealing nice and tight!
tongue.gif

Kennedy
07-31-2003, 17:09
The new style filters have a blue surround that sandwiches in the box. I've had 2 do this (ratlover's is the second) and the concensus at Amsoil is that they may have had a batch hit the oil before the glue was fully cured.

Time will tell if any more have problems.

Joe.G
07-31-2003, 17:39
I apologize sir, none of mine have the blue seal. I guess I'm going to order a new one to see for myself what you are talking about.

thechevyhdman
07-31-2003, 18:18
My amosil air filter is still in production, when my couch is finally shot im gonna take out the cushion, soak it in oil, And voalla, Gots me a Scamsoil air filter for free.....Of course the Amway one works just as well. :D :D ;)
Is that filter API certified? ;)

mackin
07-31-2003, 19:43
Originally posted by thechevyhdman:
My amosil air filter is still in production, when my couch is finally shot im gonna take out the cushion, soak it in oil, And voalla, Gots me a Scamsoil air filter for free.....Of course the Amway one works just as well. :D :D ;)
Is that filter API certified? ;) My couches are on the way out ......Anyone need a filter minus New "NOT" so improved seal ??

Bill,straight 30w or 15w 40 ......

Mac http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb/hihi.gif