PDA

View Full Version : New member/owner

Camstyn
07-31-2003, 11:13
Hi guys, I'm new to this site.. Last week I sold my '02 2500HD gasser to my father and bought a '03 Chev reg. cab 4x4, LS, duramax/ZF6spd, pewter in color. I couldn't be happier with my choice, it's what I've always wanted. Lucky for me, the airbox is the same as the '02 gasser, so my K&N was the first to go in, and I had the muffler cut off and straight-piped on Saturday.. vroom!

Anywho, my father likes my new truck so much that he just traded it in on a '03 just like mine, but got a base model instead of the LS, with the usual upgrades, and the dark metallic grey in color (didn't want to get confused on whose was whose!). He picks it up on Tuesday so I'll look forward to sharing info I learn here with him.

My work entails driving a 2002 GMC Savana 1ton extended cargo van (yes, 6.5 diesel) 300 miles a day, so I don't put many miles on my own personal truck.. I'm sure I'll participate alot in the 6.5 forum, too. The 6.5 has been a great motor for us, so far on the '02 we only have 90k miles on it, but climbing rapidly. The identical van it replaced (1997) is pushing 550k miles and still going strong, recently having had its original injector pump and transmission replaced. A little splash of gunk diesel treatment in each fillup seems to have helped the injector pump go a long way.

Anywho, I've already posted a few times and gotten good answers, this place is money well spent. I look forward to conversing with you folks! :D

403turbo
07-31-2003, 11:31
Cam,

Congrats on the truck!

Yeah this is a great resource for diesel owners. The only problem I have noticed is the overwhelming urge to buy things for my truck after spending time here. :D

If you have questions it's always a good idea to use the search tool and look for answers before asking the forum. But don't hesitate to ask, there is a lot of hands on expereince here.

Congrats and Welcome!

cdhd2001
07-31-2003, 12:07
Camstyn,

Welcome buddy! We both seem to frequent the same forums! (At least here there is not an ongoing discussion of how

Camstyn
07-31-2003, 13:43
I can't really tell about the fuel mileage yet, I've only put maybe 100 miles on it since and it's been around town. It sounds great though, makes it sound much deeper, and you can hear the turbo much louder. It does get pretty loud at around 21-2200 RPM while accelerating, it might drive you nuts towing.. It's cheap and quick, so if you don't like it you can always get the muffler put back on.